What do you replace attenna with

quest88_TSI

You can replace it with just about any universal style antenna, either fixed mast or telescoping. You could also replace with any universal style power antenna, allthough it would function quite as well as factory, but the automatic ones will go up and down with the stereo power(they just usually click a few times when they hit the full up position, and click a few times on full down).

I went to Autozone and bought there universal electric ant. $39. Took awhile to figure out how to do the extension from the fender thru the side spoiler. Cut off top of old antenna mast and silcone it in position. Works like a charm. Tho ant .would not go up or down with the radio switch. I hook it up to the cruise control wire at the module near the ant.  Goes up with ign. on and if I want to lower it I turn off the cruise control power.  Also I had bad reception on the AM dial, replace the ant extension to the radio and that took care of that problem. Bought that at Best Buy for less than $10.      TMeitz

I smoothed out my factory hole, then used a hot rod style inner roof mount hidden antenna, great reception, no external hole. contact me for part info at my email

Lidoidol@aol.com

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, the best antenna was on the '83 model year.  It was a manual fully retractable running down the driver's side A-pillar.

All other years, it was mounted on the driver's side rear fendor -- between taillight and gas filler door.