Wiring Harness

DJpowerHaus

Can somebody post the part number and a place to get and even a price on a wiring harness... I have gone to Tweeter and they claim that "they didnt make enough of that car to warrant a harness".

To that I say it's bull$h1T.  Tell me that there is an option other than hardwiring it... I generally believe that anyone working for commission cannot be trusted.. but shouldnt they be trying to sell and not saying it doesnt exist?

If it truly does have to be hardwired, can someone post wire colors and what they do?  I'm working with an 88 ESi here, if it makes a difference.

When i had my head unit installed the place that did it dident even have a book on my car. they called around but could not find anything. so they hard wired it and told me that there was not a connector.

as like your saying i think that there should be one but there may not be.

Yes, Scooche and Metawire make wiring harnesses for our cars.  Remember, there are major differences between 83-85 and 87-89.  I'm not sure where 86 belongs.

I have posted all of my stereo info on Tristarion's Troubleshooting Board on FEB 11th '01

http://www.tristarion.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...&highlight=

87-89 S/Q's the Metra p/n is 70-1743. Or DW1743 if in the new hard plastic packaging.

87-89 S/Q's Scosche p/n is MC01B or MC01AB(we usually forget to say the A in the p/n, but they are both the same harness). The website shows another set of the same connector's simply labled the MC01's.

The "Dodge/Chrsyler" connector as referred to was never put in these car's. It's year's of service are listed as by harness manufacturer as 1990+ but it was only utilized in Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth products from '86-2002 and Jeeps as of 95+, it couldn't even be found in the DSM cars, as even they used the Mitsubishi specific MC01/70-1743 and in 94+ MI02/70-7001 harnesses. My guess is you asked for a Chrysler Conquest plug, and the installer/salesman either looked it up, or knew it was a Mitsubishi.

Now the sad fact, other than the Metra P/N since I don't deal with the 87-94 Metra Mitsu plugs(we sell the Scosche equivelant for that particular harness), all that other info came straight out of my head......... But when I looked up the Scosche site to post this link, I noticed that Scosche is dropping the 'B' and 'AB' off of their part numbers, I just haven't gotten any of the new packaging yet.

< ------------- 12 years of profesionally installing is a long time to drill useless part numbers into your head..... ::)

Forgot to add, I'm sure the 86 and older S/Q's are most likely using the 'Universal Import' plug, 70-1692 or Scosche IM01. But this is just a wild guess, as I've never put a stereo in an older S/Q.

And that information from Indy leads me to believe that the MC01 and 70-1743 harness is only good on 88-89 S/Q's, as the Jeep harness(70-1002 or JE01) he used, is the same plug as the 70-1692 with just different pin configurations. So the Eclipse radio is only swapable with an 88-89 S/Q and not 87-89 as thought.