Affordable Coil-overs GP - Ends October 31th

artinist

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rear camber plates will not interfeere any strut bars that uses the factory bolts since on the topside nothing really changes.

I will place a link shortly for the wavier. it just a microsoft word document. all you gotta do is fill in your name and email it when you send it payment.

as for they adjustable KYB kit, that is totally unrelated. these coilovers will work with the GR2 KYBs or any other factory replacement or stock shocks. No need to change shocks.

To go with the adjustable shocks is totally optional and not recommended for a daily driver.

Art

Please put me down for the rear camber plates as well. I presume the adjustable shocks, you say not for daily driver, are too stiff? What combo do you reccommend for daily driver??? Gotta do the front too, steer me the right way here Art!!

Thanx

Mark

Art,

It doesn't look like I'll be able to have the $$$ by the 31st now.  I just got a vacation request approved so I am going to need the $$$ to buy a plane ticket so I can visit my folks.  Thanks for organizing this.  I am bummed that I can't take advantage of it.

Groove

ART, put me down for two sets of camber plates, and another set of coil overs, i want to do the flatsider two,and i want one of the set ups for the KYB AGXS too, i have not decided on the spring rate yet but i will let you know when money is due, and is the monies due for the the AGX set up, due when the group buy is due or can i pay for that at a later time?THANKS BILLY.

hey guys, I been getting a lot of email with questions and it very hard to try to track them when you use your first name. include your SQC username in the emails so I don't get confused and get back to you quickly.

for questions email is best. PMs are way to slow.

artinist@earthlink.net

also, if you are getting the KYB AGX kit as well DO NOT ORDER CAMBER PLATES WITH THE COILOVERS. the AGX kit already includes special rear camber plates. there is a picture of the content of that kit on the AGX page.

oh, in case you want an extra pair of springs, it will be $50 extra.

[glow=red,2,000]

Payment info:

I will accept paypal OR money orders from the U.S. post office.

if you are sending instant cash through paypal, then send it to:

artinist@msn.com

if you are using a credit card through paypal, paypal charges a 3% fee so to offset this cost, add $10 to the final amount and send it to:

artinist_gp@hotmail.com

email me if you will be sending a money order so I can give you the info:

the total again is $250 for the coilover kit OR $300 for coilovers + rear camber plates

along with your payment, make sure to include the following.

- SQC username

- full name

- address

- email adress

- contact phone number

- waiver (fill out and attach it to an email and send it to artinist@earthlink.net"

- Spring rates

- camber plates Yes or No

- anything else that we may have worked out. Ex: extra springs....

The Waiver is here: Right click and save as.

http://home.earthlink.net/~artinist/images/liability.doc

email me at artinist@earthlink.net if you have any questions.

also keep in mind that I will be placing the order on Novermber 1st and it will take a week or so for them to get here. they require a small amount of machining and then I will pack them with the proper washers and etc. then ship them. so in all it will probably take two weeks or so from the time I place the order until I ship them out. I will send out the tracking numbers then.

[/glow]

I have just a couple questions on this coil-over setup:

1.  Can I use any strut with these, Tokiko, KYB, etc?   The adjustable KYB's from the MR2 are the only ones that require that $250 kit right?  A standard Conquest strut from KYB or Tokiko requires no modifications with the exception of cutting the spring perch?

2.  Can I use these coil overs, Tokiko struts, and Stedebani camber plates in lieu of the ones you are providing?   I only ask because I already have a set of Stedebani rear camber plates.

I need to talk this over with the wife.   This isn't a good month to lay out $250 on car parts but I don't want to miss this deal again.

kev

from what i gather there are the cheap coil overs that lower you car alot but make it handle like crap.  it is not a true coil over suspension kit.  for get it

If you are talking about Art's kit he his selling here, I don't think it is a cheapo kit that will hurt your handling.  In fact, I plan on keeping the car similar in height.

The spring rates will help stiffen the suspension and I also plan on going with the KYB MR2 struts. I don't need the adapter kit as I have access to plenty of steel material to make the spacers.

from what i gather there are the cheap coil overs that lower you car alot but make it handle like crap.  it is not a true coil over suspension kit.  for get it

:o  from what i gather you havent been paying attention

A true coil over suspinsion consists of what ?  

I promiss you a Brand name does not make a,  "true coil over suspinsion"

if you want piece of mind then have a hi end company custom fab you a set.

if you want to enjoy the drive and see your cars true nature,  then do your home work buy what it takes to buld it and go have fun.

Dude,  get a Honda.

If you are talking about Art's kit he his selling here, I don't think it is a cheapo kit that will hurt your handling.  In fact, I plan on keeping the car similar in height.

The spring rates will help stiffen the suspension and I also plan on going with the KYB MR2 struts. I don't need the adapter kit as I have access to plenty of steel material to make the spacers.

ya thats the only way to go.  this set up looks to be a god send.  adjustable in every way (depending on CC plate) and you can swap out different spring rates.

the components are well made and the AGXs are the GABs evil twin.   I really believe this set up is key if handeling and adjustabilty is what you want  

1.  Can I use any strut with these, Tokiko, KYB, etc?   The adjustable KYB's from the MR2 are the only ones that require that $250 kit right?  A standard Conquest strut from KYB or Tokiko requires no modifications with the exception of cutting the spring perch?

2.  Can I use these coil overs, Tokiko struts, and Stedebani camber plates in lieu of the ones you are providing?   I only ask because I already have a set of Stedebani rear camber plates.

kev

the coilovers work just as good with the stock/tokiko shocks.

the AGX kit requires coil-overs (any brand)

Summit racing for one...

40 bucks per front...

70 bucks per rear...

240 by my math...

you must be looking at the wrong parts. they are $90 each at summit and thats is a good price.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...mp;x=18&y=7

you can get them cheaper on ebay but make sure not to order the whole MR2 kit since they will send you 2 front and 2 rear shocks. you can email the sellers and ask them for a price quote on just 4 rear shocks which shouldn't be any different. i seen them for $275 for all 4 on ebay.