wideband gp?

kev_rm

I would be interested as well............. also looking into the unit made by Dyno-Jet, the dyno manufacturer. Lots of details to compare........ data logging, samples per second, total time of sampling, etc. Someone care to pick up the ball on this one?

Mark

I think the next step is for someone to negotiate a quantity discount with one or more of the vendors - I'm not particularly skilled at negotiations, but I will give it a shot if no one else volunteers.   Probably not until tuesday and only if we get a few more respondants.  I figure 5 is the minimum for a qty discount.

OK, we have five interested parties, now let's see what we can come up with.

I'm actually still a little fuzzy on how they work, but doesn't the ECU see a more acurate reading of exhaust gasses with a wideband and send a better mixture to the TB?

I'd also like to use an autometer gauge, so a driver like PLX has would be nice.

Ryan

The wideband gives you a super accurate reading on what exactly your a/f is doing so that you can actually tune your car. Tuning off of a narrow badn sensor is like pissing in the wind. I tihnk its a must for anyone seriously trying to tune their car correctly.

The wideband system will only read the A/F ratio very accurately, you will need a tuning device such as Ramchargers translator or an equivalent to do any tuning adjustments. The Dyno Jet system will come with a analog guage which is far more accurate that the Autometer style LED guages. The PLX system has a digital readout on the controller. In order to run the Autometer type narrow band guages on the DJ or PLX requires an adapter......... extra cost! The retail prices of the PLX M500 is $499 and the retail cost of the DJ is $560. Both are data logging units that use the Bosch LSU4 sensor. The M500 is wireless whereas the DJ uses a cable. Both units use 10 samples per second sampling rate only difference is the DJ holds 10 minutes where the PLX holds 60 minutes of log time.

Pros and cons to the units......... lets see what prices you can come up with?

Mark

I did a little write up awhile ago on the available wideband controllers. It has info on about 7 different brands. It might be worth looking at just to see what's out there.

I personally like the Innovative & AEM controllers. I bet if we got enough people we might be able to get the LM-1 for under $300. I don't know much about the Dynojet controller, but it sounds a bit more expensive.

Rob

The LM1 is a portable unit not really designed to be left in the car and the AEM unit requires components that are extra in cost resulting in the prices beeing pretty comparable. I'll look into your previous write up and see whats there. Im after a data logging unit that can be left in the car and look like it belongs there such as the PLX or DJ.

• 3 months later...

Please put me down for a M-500, I would like to discuss the MO part of the arrangement though, as I'm currently overseas (I dont speak Japanese so I have no idea if I can get a money order or if they even exist here) I'd like to use paypal to be sure I can get you the money on time. So please PM, Email, or IM me.

thanks