The Color Red...

Coz

Ok, I can't particularly tolerate that color.  My '89 Conquest was that nice "blue", and it looked great.  Now since my 89 had developed a really bad case of the old "frame rot", I went out and bought a '88 Car that had a blown motor and a garbage interior.

After 4 years, I finally got the motor rebuilt, the interior in and I am now replacing everything, fixing small problems.. .etc...etc..

I would very much like to repaint the car the blue color but it would kill me to pop the hood and see a red engine bay.

So my question to you "red" Conquest owners is.... what color "red' you got?

It needs to be bright red... and look nice.  You have pictures?  Paint codes.... whatever, please let me know.

TIA!

it would have been cheaper & easier to replace the rusted out frame section, the parts are still available from Mitsubishi & very cheap. i had mine done & a body shop, total cost was 150.00.

just my .02

Good luck

Elias

Too late for that now.  The motor is out of the blue car and so is the interior, both are sitting in the red car.

And the frame was rotted where it meets the engine, all the way back to the middle of the car.  I could push my finger right through the frame into the passenger compartment.

Info, if anyone wants it, is as follows:

Go to Gabe's site and the first three pics under "pictures" are mine ('83 hood).

http://home.attbi.com/~starquest/meets/052502meet.htm

It's Acura Red aka Milano Red & color code is R81....another really cool red is the 99 Cadillac Eldorado (code:86U) when you see the car it jumps out at you.  Only problem is that it's got metallic in it and they can't spray it "tear down" style (paint car in pieces basically), so I went with the Acura Red cause I wanted to get as close to a factory paint job (quality wise) as possible.

I absolutely hate tape lines and even worse OVERSPRAY!  I think any color you pick will look great on your car, it's a quest afterall!  It's more important to focus on the quality--take your interior out, completely, remove all rubber moldings, pull side windows, put crappy tires/rims on it, and if you want a really good job bring the car to the paint booth in pieces & paint both sides of everything and do the jams.

See my webspace for pics on the paint prep....http://www.eastcountybiz.com/jim/ (the doors came off later...

Well, good luck I hope this info helps

Jim