Mookeh Strut Housings -Need proper Insert for correct height

Does anyone here know of a strut insert that would give the correct height similar to factory. I am using a recommended Toyota MR2 front insert and it’s way too short to use a factory coil spring. I am try to put off expensive coil overs.  Propose101 says you can use longer inserts but doesn’t tell you what works. See below for differences.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, I have the car tore down currently. I was supposed to go to the NSRA Springfield event but this happened, I think if you are going to sell a product you should list what works and what ride height would be achieved. I will possibly create my own after this debacle.

IMG_0087.jpeg.7fc24a4639f4e40cabfde787fadb9b15.jpeg

I believe exhaust tubing or washers would be used inside to bring strut top flush with housing because the body of the mr2 strut is shorter. The old pages used to have some how to on the subject. I had some aluminum turned for a set a did a while back. TEP is still doing strut conversions if you want a easy fix.

Im about finished with them, this is exactly what I did. I got a piece of the old strut insert tube bottom and dropped it in the bottom after measuring of the original housing then inserted the MR 2 front strut and welded the gland nut to the housing. You have to add tubing to the Mookeh housing it’s too short, strut doesn’t make up the difference if you want to use stock height springs. Good luck finding a longer strut insert that has the correct body length. All the specs are barely publishes for strut inserts.

3841-F7-D4-A627-45-A7-BBC7-783-B3-B4069-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...