What's Your StarQuest Wearing?

Looking ahead a little bit at tires for the Conquest and I'm curious what are the popular choices among this community. Can you answer with what you like and your reason for choosing that tire?

Tire rack is pretty good for doing research and they have reviews by buyers but very few, if any, of those have a Conquest/Starion

Thanks,
Mark

6 hours ago, WhatIsIt86 said:

Mine currently wears Bridgestone Re-71r's. I just got her a new set of wheels though and giving the Falken Rt660s a try. The Bridgestones were awesome in the dry. No experience with them in the wet though

I've got Falkens on my truck and a previous Grand Cherokee and like them. Haven't thought about their car tires but might be worth a look.

21 hours ago, nc_beagle said:

I've got Falkens on my truck and a previous Grand Cherokee and like them. Haven't thought about their car tires but might be worth a look.

I suppose ultimately it depends on how much and what kind of traction you require. Are you looking for something to provide good cornering stabilbity, straight line traction? Or just a well balanced tire that won't wear out after a season of driving

• Like 1

Definitely hope they last more than a year, especially since it's not a daily driver. Good handling and traction are the main goal. Don't care about snow and ice performance but decent wet traction would be good in the event I get caught in a storm.

Toyo R888 255/40-17 up front and 275/35-17 in the rear. On 9" and 10.5" wide rims respectively. Might be 265 up front ... I'll have to look now

Awesome for autocross, track days and spirited summer driving! TERRIFYING on cold fall mornings. Pretty good in the wet if you're careful. 

Edited by psu_Crash
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, psu_Crash said:

Toyo R888 255/40-17 up front and 275/35-17 in the rear. On 9" and 10.5" wide rims respectively. Might be 265 up front ... I'll have to look now

Awesome for autocross, track days and spirited summer driving! TERRIFYING on cold fall mornings. Pretty good in the wet if you're careful. 

Do you happen to recall the offsets for your wheels? When I was purchasing my new setup I had to take a guess at what I thought would fit. Insane how such a small car has massive wheel wells. I went with 17x9 +22 in the front with a 17x9.5 +12 in the rear. Did 245/40/17 upfront and 255/40 In the rear. They should be completed this week so fingers crossed on not having any fitment issues.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 9:11 AM, WhatIsIt86 said:

Do you happen to recall the offsets for your wheels? When I was purchasing my new setup I had to take a guess at what I thought would fit. Insane how such a small car has massive wheel wells. I went with 17x9 +22 in the front with a 17x9.5 +12 in the rear. Did 245/40/17 upfront and 255/40 In the rear. They should be completed this week so fingers crossed on not having any fitment issues.

I think the wheel offsets where +25 front and rear (Mustang specs) I used a 25mm spacer in the rear and a 10 or 15mm up front to get things close. 

On 6/1/2023 at 10:48 AM, psu_Crash said:

I think the wheel offsets where +25 front and rear (Mustang specs) I used a 25mm spacer in the rear and a 10 or 15mm up front to get things close. 

Now that I have my wheels that sounds about right. The fronts contact my coilovers so it looks like a 15mm will cure that. And the rears still have a ton of wheel arch to fill. Custom wheels here I come 😅

Edited by WhatIsIt86

2 hours ago, WhatIsIt86 said:

Now that I have my wheels that sounds about right. The fronts contact my coilovers so it looks like a 15mm will cure that. And the rears still have a ton of wheel arch to fill. Custom wheels here I come 😅

I hear ya. It's almost impossible to find wheels that fit without spacers. I looked into custom 3 piece wheels a lot.... but the cost is hard to justify when the wheels I'm running work just fine. Although they are HEAVY! One of these years maybe I'll just do it.