Strut spacer for rear

Has anyone ever used these on their rear struts? I have the Mookeh housings with the MR 2 strut inserts and they are about 1.75 inches too short. The spacers would raise it about 2 inches. I’m just not sure if they would fit the top of the str

61PPlShH0CL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Edited by Gregster1234
Wrong image

Never seen those before, What manufacturer? 

No specs, this started when I purchased the Mookeh empty rear housings. It says to use the MR2 front inserts. The problem is they are almost 2 inches shorter so the factory coil spring will not fit. I do not want to lower the vehicle from factory. I am trying a longer rod length from a different vehicle to get a longer overall insert. The body has to remain the same length to fit Mookeh housing which is 13.125”, the piston length must be longer to accept oem spring.

IMG_0087.jpeg

Edited by Gregster1234
New image

• 5 months later...

Yes, I wound up using the original housing with a MR2 front insert. It requires a piece of tubing to make up for the shorter insert. I just cut a piece of pipe and dropped it in, then the insert in and welded the gland nut to the housing. My threads were bad after getting the thing open.

• Like 1

So we found something interesting on ours.  We have an 88 Conquest with the regular (non adjustable) rear strut.  What we thought was the top gland nut was actually a cap that was spot welded into 4 places. (that was why we couldnt get it off, it had to sheer off)  In looking at the top of the strut the top neck of the strut was welded on the top, we cant get what is inside there out without using and angle grinder to completely cut the top off.  What is really odd is it looks like you have the same non-adjustable strut but it sounds like yours hand a gland nut that actually screwed off?  I wonder are there 3 versions of rear strut on these cars?  I guess ours looks nothing like yours.

photo_2023-11-15_21-06-31.jpg

photo_2023-11-15_21-07-15.jpg

FYI here is a video that covers what is required on the type of rear strut we have on our 1988 Conquest.   They are hardwelded sealed.  You have to cut the top of the strut off to get the internals out.  You can replace with insert but requires either be hard welded back or weld on a collar piece with threads to make it serviceable.