OEM Key Blank?

Alpina_Blue

Does anyone have an OEM key blank they’d be willing to sell? (I’ve seen them offered here in the past but that was ages ago). I currently have a generic ILCO key but would prefer to get an OEM blank that says “Mitsubishi” on it to match my OEM key fob, if possible. Thanks!

This isn't going to be super helpful, but there was someone on here years ago that said they had a whole bunch of them.  It was a regular, like Shelby, or Burton, or Freebird.  I can't remember for the life of me.  Maybe by posting though someone else will remember who it was ???

If you just want a Mitsubishi-branded one, I feel like you should be able to get any mid-2000s blank key from a Mitsu dealer and have them cut it to match, unless even those don't have the diamonds on them anymore. Worst case scenario it'll have a little transponder inside, which won't affect anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, TexasQuest said:

Very unlikely it's still available. 

I tried the link and it worked and let me add keys to the cart, but it said my VIN was invalid. Does that mean it won't work for these key blanks or it just doesn't recognize 30+ year old VINs.

On 6/13/2023 at 2:25 PM, nc_beagle said:

I tried the link and it worked and let me add keys to the cart, but it said my VIN was invalid. Does that mean it won't work for these key blanks or it just doesn't recognize 30+ year old VINs.

Probably the VIN #