New to the quest, hiccup problem

Hello everyone! So I recently completed a swap from a 1988 Chrysler Conquest my family had sitting for awhile into my 1986 Dodge Power Ram 50 (Mitsubishi mighty max). I successfully routed the intercooler, wiring, and everything needed from the car. I rebuilt the conquest engine with ARP studs and a new head without jet valves. Im using the flywheel from the quest. The truck starts and runs great. The only things that it's doing that I don't think are good

1. When the truck is under load or high boost (above 5psi) it momentarily hiccups. It's very brief but it does hiccup every 10-15 seconds when under boost. Aside from that I can be cruising on the highway going 70mph without using boost and it runs phenomenal. It's very strange. No hiccups at all until under load. I'm stumped. The injectors are new. Maybe the TPS or Vacuum advance? Any and all help would be appreciated

2. The other thing is when the truck is under boost and I shift a little puff of smoke comes out the exhaust. It's not a head gasket but I feel like the oil catch can isn't properly catching the oil and draining into the pan? I'm worried this will cause and issue for my turbo and intercooler.

Sorry for the long post. This is my first time posting on this forum. I stumbled on it while researching my problems with the Quest. Sorry if I'm not posting in the right spot. I'm new to this kind of stuff. Once again, thank you in advance for any help and guidance. 

Sounds like a vaccum advance issue with the hiccup. Smoke puff at quick decel could be a lot on things. Most of the time it's turbo seals aren't great or possibly valve guides. 

How to do the plugs look after a good run?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been emailing Mike from MKS Motorsport.  He is trying to convince Cardone 1 to manufacture Vac Advances again for our car.  I hope he's successful b/c I have slight hiccup out of nowhere this season too.  I'm pretty sure its the vac advance.

Edited by techboy