Hurricane 4 Distributor and Timing Question

Wow, it's probably been 20 years since I've been here!  My question is about distributor position and timing with the Hurricane 4. I installed this set up from Fuel Injection Pros around 20 years ago - so probably forgot some of what I did back then. The car has been driven very little but I lent it out and the fellow using it did not check the oil level and spun a bearing. So I pulled the engine (which was built by TEP), totally disassenbled and replaced all damage (fairly minor) and it is now back in the chassis.

The distributor is installed as per the factory service manual and instructions from FIP. Also, it was in the same position as it was prior to removal. I am an experienced mechanic but not adept at the computerized applications as I should be (I'm great with the muscle car era). Using a timing light the timing reads 45 degrees BTDC after warm up at idle and holds there throughout increased RPMs. The car starts, sounds and seems to run good. I have a computer connector coming so I have not been able to hook up a lap top yet. Just wondering if this timing advance seems correct and I should ignore my timing light?

Welcome Back! 

You should be able to adjust the trigger offset in the ECU and take care of that. There is a maximum offset that works. Sounds like you are in the ballpark enough though. Set it all to static 10 BTDC in the ECU and adjust the offset til it's spot on. Good to go

Trust your timing light, not the ECU.  Now the basic Hurricane install did not control ignition so you may have issues such as stuck advances (old grease is sticky) or other.  The standard FIP box only controls injectors.