Rear Control Arm Toe Cam/Bolt

GoldStar

Thought I'd post about this.
Recently I had a shop try to do an alignment on my quest. Unfortunately, in an effort to fix the toe in the back, the monkeys ended up forcing the bolt over the edges of the rear subframe, bending the hell out of the cam bolt. They bent/ground it so bad I couldn't save it with a hammer. To replace it, I tried calling Mitsu dealers and even hitting up Amayama; no dice.

At this point, I decided to get creative to see if I could find something off of another car that could fit. Lo and behold, I did find something.
Another vintage Mitsubishi, you may ask? Perhaps some obscure 90's Hyundai whose parts availability is also on borrowed time?
Nope, a current generation (specifically 2020) Toyota Rav4 AWD.

"Toe adjustment cam sub-assembly" part number 48409-06010:
J89u8XT.jpg
rU2ATEJ.png
QFRE2MD.png

"Camber adjustment cam" part number 48198-07010:
CxnBIfA.jpg
9ogguBD.jpg

Now obviously the little line marks on the cams don't match up to the originals, but anyone performing an alignment in the new millennia is using an alignment rack that spits out fancy numbers in real time, so they aren't needed anyway.

For the record, the reason I chose the Rav4 AWD is because one of my coworkers had one I could match up the bolt to. If the bolt is actually different on the non-AWD models, I'm sure it'll fit fine as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does that fit the bushing sleeve well? Looks like it necks down an little after the first set of threads and there would be slop in one end. After it's tightened down it probably doesn't make a difference I suppose. 

33 minutes ago, psu_Crash said:

Does that fit the bushing sleeve well? Looks like it necks down an little after the first set of threads and there would be slop in one end. After it's tightened down it probably doesn't make a difference I suppose. 

It seems to fit fine from what little I played with it. I haven't done another alignment yet, so we'll truly see then.

Awesome find!!!

I know one of our guys on here was making new cam bolts. Can't remember who though.