83 hood..? unicorn?

bruno_TSI

They can be hard to find nowadays and then tend to sell for around 1K - give or take condition. But, they do pop up for sale every now and then. 

I've had my eye for a few years now, but there hasn't been close enough to me.

10 hours ago, tux said:

I looked for one since i got my car in 1999.  Found one finally in 2015, I forget what I paid but i paid a premium at the time and drove 9 hours round trip.

Sounds about right.

I forget the first guy that made them, but i was in that group buy and never got my hood, then i was poor while mookeeh was making them.

I found out boosted diamonds made them after i already acquired an oem hood, but everything else I've gotten from Jan has been extremely good (scoop, vents, headlight covers).

I wanted to see if he could mold and make my Godzilla Louvers in CF, but I got them shipped courier from Japan for a whopping total of 3g's brand new old stock.

He's across the country from me, and I've had too many parts lost or damaged by shipping companies recently to risk it.

Most recently USPS managed to damage a Starion taillight i bought that was in excellent condition.

if its not the last one its one of the last ones.. though seems odd he also has a bunch of other used 83 parts up for sale

and found this as well ....   but there is no image

https://www.mitsubishiwholesaleautoparts.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-hood-mb270052

Edited by Mr_pat

54 minutes ago, Mr_pat said:

if its not the last one its one of the last ones.. though seems odd he also has a bunch of other used 83 parts up for sale

and found this as well ....   but there is no image

https://www.mitsubishiwholesaleautoparts.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-hood-mb270052

You can buy that hood but your order will get canceled eventually and you’ll be told it isn’t available.  

• 1 month later...