its been a while....

bruno_TSI

hey guys.. its been a while for me.. had a TSI back in 98-2002.. ended up selling the car and regret it big time..recently bought a decent 89 TSI and will be getting it back to road worthiness... car wasn't running... figured out this weekend that the fuel pump was not working.. I plan on upgrading to the Bosch 044... MY QUESTION is this.. since I have the tank down I thought it'd be a good idea to tackle the differential cover leak..and change the gear oil too... not sure if I can get a gasket for that cover? should I make my own? or just use silicone?.. any advice is greatly appreciated!!..

Edited by bruno_TSI
  • Like 1

Welcome back ..  just returned to the forums and groups myself . kind of went radio silent mid 2000's. As far as the diff I would think a standard good cleaning and some silicone should handle it  but i'll b watching or those whom have actually tackled it to pipe in.  Check with MKS, Dads, Motocam 360 and or other vendors down in the list maybe one of them has a gasket . 

• Like 1

thanks for the tips.. I got some Fel-pro gasket paper today..$10.. I might try to see if I can make something and use the permatex green in junction.. 

Edited by bruno_TSI
mispelling

thanks for that link to the gaskets.. definitely will come in handy on this build.. car also sat for a while.. 89k miles... I checked his site for the gasket and didn't find it.. I sent them an email..... should I just use the permatex green and no gasket? thanks in advance

Edited by bruno_TSI