Revolution Big Brake Kit

TexasQuest

Has anyone used the Revolution Big Brake Kit on their car? If so, how do you like it? They have 2 sizes, 330mm & 302mm. I'm assuming the smaller one is to fit the factory wheels? 

Mitsubishi Starion Big Brake Kit - Sport (revolutionbrake.com)

Mitsubishi Starion Big Brake Kit - Sport (revolutionbrake.com)

Don't bother.

I paid them.

They claim about a week for delivery.

They said first for a few months my kit (rotors, bracket, etc) was ready except for calipers waiting on Wilwood.

Then they called to say calipers came in and they were sending my rotors off to be machined.  

Called a month later and they told me that everything was ready except they were waiting on my calipers to arrive.

Then when I mentioned they told me they had the rotors machined already and had to do it a second time I was wary.  Then when they told me they had my calipers and don't anymore I was suspicious.  

For the next month they stopped returning emails and calls.

I reached out to one of the owners on LinkedIn, no response.

I filed a paypal dispute.  They never responded after 15 days and I was refunded.

Btw, they also knew i was expecting to order their unadvertised rear brake kit which was more than 2x as much as the front.

Edited by tux

I'm working on trying to get a low budget bbk that anyone can do just to spite them, working with either vr4/300zx calipers or lexus ls430 calipers.

Just may take a bit of time to get it done.

https://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/150267-anyone-know-if-rx7-calipers-are-the-same-as-vr4300zx/

Edited by tux

2 hours ago, tux said:

Don't bother.

I paid them.

They claim about a week for delivery.

They said first for a few months my kit (rotors, bracket, etc) was ready except for calipers waiting on Wilwood.

Then they called to say calipers came in and they were sending my rotors off to be machined.  

Called a month later and they told me that everything was ready except they were waiting on my calipers to arrive.

Then when I mentioned they told me they had the rotors machined already and had to do it a second time I was wary.  Then when they told me they had my calipers and don't anymore I was suspicious.  

For the next month they stopped returning emails and calls.

I reached out to one of the owners on LinkedIn, no response.

I filed a paypal dispute.  They never responded after 15 days and I was refunded.

Btw, they also knew i was expecting to order their unadvertised rear brake kit which was more than 2x as much as the front.

That's disappointing to hear. Why would the rotors even need to be machined if they're brand new?

It would be nice to know the dimensions on the rotors, they likely are not casting something special.  Its likely a part that lines up with a more common application.  I have seen this with other aftermarket brake kits.  The trouble is finding that application!  

Realistically the only option is to change the whole front suspension to 240SX setup with coilovers etc. That would be the most cost effective swap as I think the 300ZX calipers bolt right to them. Nissan's are a lot like Honda where the parts are interchangeable between models. 

if someone with a Conquest parts car knew someone with a 240 to do a quick mock up of the factory 240 parts as a comparison it would help confirm fitment.

I bought the smaller kit that fits stock wheels in 2015.  I did not have any issues with them back then.  The kit clears 7" fronts by millimeters caliper to spoke.  I inquired about getting a 2 piece rotor a couple of times and they said they would get back to me and never did.  This was Oscar's kit if that information is still on SQC.  The calipers are off of a BMW, but I couldn't tell you what year/model.  

I don't know anything about the rear kit, but I'd love to have one.  

4 hours ago, gst4g64 said:

I bought the smaller kit that fits stock wheels in 2015.  I did not have any issues with them back then.  The kit clears 7" fronts by millimeters caliper to spoke.  I inquired about getting a 2 piece rotor a couple of times and they said they would get back to me and never did.  This was Oscar's kit if that information is still on SQC.  The calipers are off of a BMW, but I couldn't tell you what year/model.  

I don't know anything about the rear kit, but I'd love to have one.  

Their kits use Wilwood calipers if they ever delivered them, wish they did.  Oscars kit used bmw rotors.l, I'm not sure which model

Edited by tux

• 2 weeks later...

i got the smaller kit.kit fit great,works great.the rotors are from a different vehicle and he machines our bolt pattern into them.my biggest issue is the spacer that goes behind the rotor.makes poor engagement of wheel studs.i installed longer studs for piece of mind.

• 6 months later...
On 9/19/2023 at 1:13 PM, jcat said:

Seems they've gone out of business. Or at least their website is gone.

Good riddance, they didn't participate in their part of conducting business anyway.

Edited by tux

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2024 at 9:10 PM, Mech said:

tux, youve had some back luck lately 🙄

Their big brake kit is still available on amazon it seems. Bad idea?

https://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Brake-Mitsubishi-Starion-FRONT/dp/B00GNLJOLG?th=1

I've had this kit for many years. It fits fine, mine uses redrilled BMW rotors. The alternative is to swap your knuckles, coilovers and LCA's for S13 Nissan parts, and then you've got access to a lot more options including Z car parts, Cadillac caliper swaps, etc.

16 hours ago, tux said:

Revolution Brake's website is gone and I believe they are no longer in business.  

So they are just selling off the rest of their inventory?

Anyone else out there making a big brake kit now?

On 1/8/2024 at 2:24 PM, Mech said:

So they are just selling off the rest of their inventory?

Anyone else out there making a big brake kit now?

From dealing with them, everything was "in stock" but required machining, ordering, and nothing ever materialized.

So I don't believe they have any inventory.