DYNO VIDEO—My 1JZ Conquest is finally done

Preludedude

(scroll down for video) 

Well my build thread doesn’t exist anymore…

I’ll just do a timeline If anyone remembers…

May2009–bought car not running 

Nov2015–finally running rebuilt w/ 16G

May2017–dyno’d 265whp w/ 16G MS2 ECU

June2017–blew HG at drag strip

July2017-July2020-rebuilt engine, went MPI, struggled with tuning..quit

July2020–decided 1JZ/R154 swap

Mar2022–took roller to TRA in Ohio

Jan2023–car is complete and ready for pickup.

Team Rocket Auto in Hamilton did the full engine swap for me. I took them the roller and all parts. 

Results:

617whp @ 26psi

750whp @ 35psi

Edited by Preludedude
  • Like 2

Those are some awesome numbers Preludedude. Can't wait to drool over the pics.

I fantasize about swapping my car. I'm so burnt out of dealing with minor molehill for tat problems and lack of Mitsu parts.  But, I'm kinda like you ... I got another build on in my garage right now so I kinda just wanna drop it off somewhere and have someone do it for me. I'm done proving myself to others.

17 hours ago, techboy said:

Those are some awesome numbers Preludedude. Can't wait to drool over the pics.

I fantasize about swapping my car. I'm so burnt out of dealing with minor molehill for tat problems and lack of Mitsu parts.  But, I'm kinda like you ... I got another build on in my garage right now so I kinda just wanna drop it off somewhere and have someone do it for me. I'm done proving myself to others.

I know I'm going to get slammed for this but consider a K Series swap. 4 cylinder and a company makes a RWD kit that can be paired with a Mazda Miata or BMW transmission. 

• Like 1

I've never been a swap fan, at least outside the Mitsu family, but this is really incredible!   

BTW, I love that radiator setup that is lower down and tucked in front of the core support!  

To me, I get so much more stressed out when others do work on my car.   My anxiety goes through the roof and my expectations are very high.   I don't think I 'prove it to others' when I do work on my cars, I think I'm more 'proving it to myself'.    I enjoy the learning aspect and, if I screw up, I can only blame myself...which, for me, is actually less stress than blaming another.   I guess it is because I go in with the expectation that something negative may happen due to inexperience.  But with a mechanic, I expect perfection, which is highly unrealistic, but I still do.       I've always said that I enjoyed building my blue car more than I do driving it now that it is done.   Which could be why it took me 20 years to finish the dang thing, haha.   

All in all, congrats!  This is awesome!   

Kevin

2 hours ago, kev said:

I've never been a swap fan, at least outside the Mitsu family, but this is really incredible!   

BTW, I love that radiator setup that is lower down and tucked in front of the core support!  

To me, I get so much more stressed out when others do work on my car.   My anxiety goes through the roof and my expectations are very high.   I don't think I 'prove it to others' when I do work on my cars, I think I'm more 'proving it to myself'.    I enjoy the learning aspect and, if I screw up, I can only blame myself...which, for me, is actually less stress than blaming another.   I guess it is because I go in with the expectation that something negative may happen due to inexperience.  But with a mechanic, I expect perfection, which is highly unrealistic, but I still do.       I've always said that I enjoyed building my blue car more than I do driving it now that it is done.   Which could be why it took me 20 years to finish the dang thing, haha.   

All in all, congrats!  This is awesome!   

Kevin

Way off topic, but I feel the same about contractors working on my house.  They always underwhelm, so I just do the work myself and if it's not up to my standards, I can either do it again or live with it knowing I didn't pay for a poor quality job.

I do the same w/ my car though, except for when it's way above my level, such as machining or bodywork/paint.

Thank y’all. 

I had zero issues paying a shop to do the swap. Other than the labor charge, I had no concerns. It is much more expensive than building it yourself though. Yikes

But for the $$$, it’s done wayyyy faster than I would do all the work, and I also don’t have to google/search/forum/ask for help for hours and hours on end about every little thing…

I hate that the most about working on cars. The constant googling and searching….

Now I simply go pick it up and enjoy it. Way sooner and without a care in the world, and way poorer…

Edited by Preludedude

• Preludedude changed the title to DYNO VIDEO—My 1JZ Conquest is finally done

Nice!, sounds like a sick set up with awsome power

• 4 weeks later...