How many miles a year on your starquest?

BlueCuda

I am approaching having my Conquest back on the road for 1 year now, drove it for the first time on 12-31 last year.  I drove the car last night and I am at 1750 miles for the year.  I have a company truck to commute in and 4 cars total on top of that.  I even used the conquest as a daily driver for almost two weeks while my company truck got used for some other stuff at work.  I was still surprised how little miles I ended up with.  I think when I insured it with Hagerty I got 5000 miles of coverage, I can probably back that down and save some money.  

Good news is that 1750 miles had about 60 seconds of break down time when the ECU fusible link came loose.  Other than that it returned home under its own power every time.  I am proud of that because I bought it partially assembled and made it from 3 engines, AND its a Conquest so.............. 

How many miles a year on yours?

Conquest 1750, Barracuda 1300ish(950 in one week), and my Poor XJ Cherokee probably 500-600 max.  I need to set aside more time to drive my own cars, its the only downside to having a company truck when you have cars your actually enjoy.  

Wow super low miles, mine would be my daily driver if I didn't have my work truck.  It's not in a condition to be afraid of driving it though.  It looks nice but it had a cheap paint job on it.  If it was a cherry survivor I might be less inclined to drive it but.  Its a great 20 footer that had been rode hard and put up wet(more like put up overheated) before I got it.  

TexasQuest this one came from the DFW area, I bought from a guy who had 3 of them in Azle.  He bought it broken and never did much with it.  I bought it in April or May of 21 and I am not sure how long he had it but from paperwork I found it was on the road in 19 and maybe even into 20.

JpBctdm.jpg

Edited by BlueCuda

My current 89 has had about 400 in the past 5 years and about maybe 20,000 total since 2001 when I bought it in disassembled with about 80k on it.

I only do about 300 miles a year. I never go far b/c it always seems to have a quirky issues.  Farthest away I've driven it is an hour. A few local shows each year and that's about it.  I'd like to drive it more, but that's about it these days.

On 12/10/2022 at 7:17 AM, BlueCuda said:

JpBctdm.jpg

That driver looks tons better than my driver, also a black 88.  But hoping to paint it this coming spring.

But to answer the question, I think I put less than 200 miles on my blue tsi this year unfortunately.  i didn't make it to many shows this summer.    I think I have 1700 miles on my black driver this year, most of it was in the past few months.  

The camera is very kind to it and it was minutes after it was polished by detail guy trying to remove some staining on the paint.  Previously it looked like it had been driven in the rain, even after you washed it.  Also I Strategically  did not include the rear bumper in the photo.  Not sure what went wrong on the rear bumper vs the rest of the car when it was painted but it wasn't good!  

Edited by BlueCuda

Maybe did 200 miles this year. One cars and coffee and maybe one fill up. Now that its painted i hope to take it out to more meets. But like the OP i have a company truck and my commute is only a like 8 miles from my house. On top of that having 4 other cars doesn't help.

I suppose mine has been so reliable because I haven't tried to make it faster yet.  Although Saturday night I was getting on a long uphill highway ramp.  I was wide open, 8psi, 11.2:1 AFR and it was 35 degrees out.  I made zero progress on the SUV in front of me and I ran it to the top of 3rd.  I am back to wanting to put a super 16G on this one like my first 87 had back in the late 90s.