RX7 4 pot caliper bracket

tux

Just dropping this here :

https://www.eci-turbo.com/parts.html

"FC3S / FD3S early caliper diversion Stallion 5 hole car only

For A183A (GSR-V only), A184A/A187A

Stallion 5-hole hub and disc are required when installing to A183A (4-hole wheel) and A175A (with I/C)."

In the past I came across an adapter bracket for what I thought was a bracket for a Nissan 300zx caliper, but after ordered I found it to be for a Skyline caliper (which are too expensive to bother using in the US).

RX7 calipers may be easier to come by.

Nice find! There's some good stuff there. Looks like those calipers go for about $300/pair and the brackets are about $250, pretty reasonable. Seems like there's a good chance they'd fit under stock wheels, too.

Now, would somebody make a rear caliper adapter bracket?

Ya it's pretty reasonable.

I've already ordered a BBK from Revolution for the front and am considering the rears, but prior to that I bought the what I found out to be Skyline adapter and 3kgt VR-4 calipers..

So maybe someone else can use this ;D

Good Find! I've been wanting big brakes for years, at least in the front I think would make a big difference on the autocross course. That revolution kit is pricey, but if it is actually plug and play then it's worth it! 

Oscars kit was the go to years back ... when I was broke. Once I finally get body and paint done on the starion this will be top of the list. Makes me a little crazy that a car with no mechanical or running issues has been down almost 2.5 years now for "a paint job" ... that turned into a resto.

Next project is LS into the Valencia. Big brakes are definitely going to be needed there too

• 3 weeks later...

On the revolution site there are two different sizes for the from 302mm and 330mm. Is this actually front and rear and just a typo? Also, I cannot find the write up on the 300zx brake bracket how to anywhere. Any one have that link?

Thanks Tux.

I found the right up finally. The search engine on here is terrible BTW lol. Here is the link for the BBK this guy made. I wish I had the time and the tooling to be able to fab up a bracket as nice as his. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117699&view=&hl=crown vic&fromsearch=1

On 12/19/2022 at 4:04 PM, MTQuest said:

Thanks Tux.

I found the right up finally. The search engine on here is terrible BTW lol. Here is the link for the BBK this guy made. I wish I had the time and the tooling to be able to fab up a bracket as nice as his. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117699&view=&hl=crown vic&fromsearch=1

I've seen that, but unless I'm mistaken, I never saw enough info to hand to a machinist to replicate them.  If I did, I'd cancel my order w/ revolution, as I'm waiting since sept 1 for tracking info and ever time I call there's some different reason why they haven't shipped, but will this week, maybe.

Edited by tux

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 9:35 AM, tux said:

The revolution kit should be the same as Oscars, from what I've heard. 

Wilwood apparently is having issues getting calipers out.  I'm on month 2 of waiting for the kit after purchase.

Now month 5 of waiting.

Initially Revolution told me my kit was ready except waiting on calipers from Wilwood.

After some months he said calipers came in but couldn't find my rotors.

As of mid december rotors were at machine shop.

Last few calls when asking for my kit to be shipped he said he was still waiting on calipers and rotors are at machine shop

Most recently when I called and he answered, I challenged the bluff on the calipers and he said maybe he sent my calipers out with someone else's kit by mistake.

Now my calls go unanswered and I've filed a dispute with paypal.

Definitely not a great company to deal with.

I may try to figure out how make use  of my VR4 calipers or try my luck w/ these japanese rx7 caliper adapters.