NDD Motorsports Subframes

GoldStar

23 hours ago, tux said:

It looks based on their website they have a Group Buy for a Ford 8.8 irs rear subframe

Anyone have any details on it?

I haven't seen anything specific about it in the FB groups I'm in, so I'm thinking the "group buy" is just those who purchase it from the site now.

Unrelated to reply, here are some new pics they have of the modular steering rack bracket setup they are apparently offering now for the front subframe. They say it's to allow for swapping between racks without buying the whole subframe again.
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/326691813_1618550551951633_8373206597778901786_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=PY6eSZLdYZoAX8Gxtsy&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AfDvsU_zU0IEWBTJFnbLa2EvtGuv09jqeynkaQRGd4rPZQ&oe=63D01100

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/326455839_665930638603972_1724720354428363108_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=jnZJiGS86vkAX9F7-1U&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AfAHzSo42yHc4eXQJYNTXE-qQPtXTJPq2EI_66vlg7upag&oe=63D033A0

For those who may be concerned, reportedly there are gussets for reinforcement where the rack brackets meet the subframe, these pics are for the mock up that was being worked on.

Edited by GoldStar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, psu_Crash said:

Definitely on the radar for when I get around to doing the rack swap on one of mine. 

I'm going to pull the trigger their subframe w/ rack kit, since they claim it comes with everything needed to convert and i have a 1500$ credit on my amex thanks to Revolution Brake not delivering on the bbk

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tux said:

Ya that's where I saw it.  But missing details like what we can use for axels and driveshaft :)

I'd assume with the factory choice it's the factory diff with torque tube, axles and struts. The Ford 8.8 choice may require other fab work.

59 minutes ago, TexasQuest said:

I'd assume with the factory choice it's the factory diff with torque tube, axles and struts. The Ford 8.8 choice may require other fab work.

I'd assume that also.  Wondering if someone has done the legwork over there and have some guidance on the other fab work.  Or if they'll do it

On 1/22/2023 at 2:08 PM, tux said:

I'm going to pull the trigger their subframe w/ rack kit, since they claim it comes with everything needed to convert and i have a 1500$ credit on my amex thanks to Revolution Brake not delivering on the bbk

Definitely keep us updated on the progress! If the kit with their rack is a win then I'll be next in line!

On 1/22/2023 at 1:08 PM, tux said:

As a heads up, I didn't see them doing anything regarding a steering coupler, but it's possible I missed it

This is from an email with them:

Whenever you buy the steering rack through us it will come with everything you need to do that

Get BlueMail for Android

On Nov 17, 2022, at 6:28 PM, Contact Form <sales@nddmotorsports.com> wrote:

'' submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

A user has submitted the contact form on your store.

Here are their details:

Hey curious about the starion front cross member rack options.

For the ndd power rack option, what is involved in getting your rack mated to the stock steering column and knuckles?

Edited by tux

On 1/23/2023 at 9:18 PM, tux said:

This is from an email with them:

Whenever you buy the steering rack through us it will come with everything you need to do that

Get BlueMail for Android

On Nov 17, 2022, at 6:28 PM, Contact Form <sales@nddmotorsports.com> wrote:

'' submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

A user has submitted the contact form on your store.

Here are their details:

Hey curious about the starion front cross member rack options.

For the ndd power rack option, what is involved in getting your rack mated to the stock steering column and knuckles?

If that's true they will sell a LOT of these! I'll buy 2!

On 1/25/2023 at 12:41 PM, psu_Crash said:

If that's true they will sell a LOT of these! I'll buy 2!

I just bought one last night after speaking w/ Joel over there.  He said he's in the middle of making a batch.  The tie rods and coupler aren't included in the cost which the website but he said additional cost is around $100 for those parts.  He mentioned when you order to add a note saying you need them.

Edited by tux
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 1:26 PM, tux said:

I just bought one last night after speaking w/ Joel over there.  He said he's in the middle of making a batch.  The tie rods and coupler aren't included in the cost which the website but he said additional cost is around $100 for those parts.  He mentioned when you order to add a note saying you need them.

Awesome! Any idea what their solution to the steering shaft connection is?

• 4 months later...

Well, a month or so has long passed.  I still haven't received anything from them.

I called in the middle of april to see what was up and was told that the following week on Wednesday my order would ship.

Since then I've waited patiently and received nothing.  Tried to call a few times this week and received no response.

Anyone else buy and have a similar experience?

I bought a set of rear control arms from them through MKS as he started to support them around the time of his site re-design.
I put in the order on 2/27, didn't receive the control arms themselves until 4/28. However, when I got them, one of the bushings (NDD makes their own) was missing the inner metal sleeve, and another mount on the control arm was completely missing it's bushing. I notified Mikie of this when I got them in, and he's followed up with them multiple times since, but I'm still waiting for NDD to send me the missing bushing/sleeves.
The control arms themselves look high-quality to me (I'll see if I can get some pictures when I get time) but this exchange with them so far sucks. I'm really hoping it's just growing pains/unexpected demand.

Edited by GoldStar

On 6/1/2023 at 4:38 PM, tux said:

Well, luckily you received them.

I'm on 5 months.  One more and it's the heck with them time.

Well this is extremely disappointing.  Lord knows I would be up for ordering one of these immediately if my money wasn't likely just going to sit in limbo. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GoldStar said:

Since I'm still waiting on the bushings, here's a couple of pics of the rear control arms out of the car:
AhBXFj7.jpg

OCxJOO8.jpg

And here's what's preventing me from installing them:
ts8oXvO.png

That stinks.  I find it strange they wouldn't use similar bushings to what's in the mks or mk1 kits.

They do look very nice though.

Edited by tux

16 hours ago, tux said:

That stinks.  I find it strange they wouldn't use similar bushings to what's in the mks or mk1 kits.

They do look very nice though.

yeah I kinda wanted to try pulling the MKS bushings out of my current control arms, but I didn't want to immobilize my car on a hunch

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 7:34 PM, tux said:

They called me yesterday and let me know it should be no more than 2 weeks before i receive my subframe and steering rack.

Hopefully they honor their words. Literally just sent an "inquiry" today asking if they are still producing the subframe kit with the steering rack and according to them they are up and running in their new shop.