Headlights any good housings

BKB94

I have some plastic probably ebay lights on the car now. I think eventually I will build lights like Corvette but for now do I go sealed beam and role like its 1987 or is there a nice housing with led lights that works decent without blinding everyone. Let me know what you got good and bad.

The Hella knock-off glass H4 housings (Autopal, etc.) on eBay are pretty good, throw some decent quality halogen bulbs in there with a relay harness or go ahead and HID retrofit them.

As for LEDs, these are the new hotness, but they're pretty pricey: https://www.holley.com/products/electrical/led_lighting/retrobright/parts/LFRB130. They look just right, though.

10 hours ago, GoldStar said:

I got a set of the Holleys, just aligned them recently. They work great, but did need a negative switched relay kit. It's really nice to turn on the lights and not see the volt meter move :D

But that turn signal taking up all those volts 🤣

I have found that when the AC and the fans and the headlights are on the volt meter looks pretty rough.  However in my case the voltage at the battery is just fine at 14 volts.  

Any mods needed to the headlight area to bold up the hella housings and bulbs?

On 11/12/2022 at 9:04 PM, tux said:

I went led all around.  Still the blinker dips the gauge

*except taillights, couldn’t find any that worked properly 

A little off topic at this point, but check out Sylvania 1157R LEDs, they work fantastic for me (with my no-load hazard and turn signal flashers)