First build help and Can’t find mechanical Rocker arms?????can I get sum recommendations or aum

Okay so this is my first build and so far all I’ve done is .20+ bore which I know isn’t much but I wanted to do sum to kinda make it not as stock, I’m aiming for a street/track set up so I want everything to be a lil better than stock and also piston are flattops so I know that increases compression obviously but the head I’m completely stuck on and ik have to keep the added compression in mind but I ordered new stock valves I wanna get those grounded down a lil where the stem meets the back of the face for more possible air/fuel how will this play out with the add compression?and I got the jet valve elimination kit now I’m on the hunt for rocker arms and every single rocker I come across is hydraulic now I’ve found a couple of mechanical one but dunno if they are right or fit these parts number look very similar or exactly like the stock ones  R-927 R919 and there one more but I can’t remember I’d have to find it but thats where I’m at any idea or part number that’s a for sure fit and also cam is fine stock? or is their another sumwhere that’s better for slightly high rpm’s I’ve been reading a lot but I don’t really understand the numbers thanks for any tips or part numbers or references 

Is your cam ground for mechanical? I believe the ramp angle is specific for rocker type

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually, you can use hydraulic shafts with mechanical rockers. Only the shaft area needs oil, so the extra hole to feed a hydraulic rocker doesn't hurt anything and actually provides more oil volume to the rocker. The extra holes are still covered by the mech rocker so there is no loss in oil pressure either.

It's the other way around. You can't use a mechanical shaft on hydraulic rockers because there is no hole to feed oil to the hydraulic lifter.

The shafts are the same diameter and everything is located in the same place. 

• Like 1