Cruise Control - never ending project

madmanperez

This is one I've been dealing with for quite a long time.

Cruise control was working smoothly. Then it developed a intermittent cancel requiring a resume function. When I say intermittent I mean hit you turn signal to change lanes and boom (no sound) its canceled. Eventually it became totally non-functional.

Changed all related vacuum lines.

Checked vacuum pump (ok)

FSM says to check the vacuum relay and its seems ok

replaced the control unit (the one the engine compartment)  got one from one of our members

control cable look good (no kinks) moves smoothly when pulled.

control switch on the stalk checks out.  All position check out (again via the FSM)

Since I've got several issues to care of I figured I might take another look at this as well.

When I changed all the vacuum lines I thought I put those check valves(?) in right. The pieces have arrows on them, I assume for air flow. I can't find anywhere as to there correct orientation. I might have put them in wrong. I'm guessing since everything else checks out ok that this might have something to do with it.

That's everything I've done. I'm sure I missed something since it was still non-functional before I ran into some other little issues.

I swear gremlins really do exist (there all in my car)

Thanks as always guys. if it wasn't for this group I would have junked it at this point.

Edited by madmanperez