Fuel injector positions

madmanperez

9 hours ago, madmanperez said:

I don't think the turbo is stock though I believe I'm only making 7 to 10? lbs (still using the original boost gauge) of boost.

Another thing with these cars is the stock boost gauge is notoriously inaccurate. From what I understand, that gauge isn't directly reading intake pressure; rather, it's displaying what the ECU thinks the boost is, because the ECU doesn't have a way to directly read intake pressure either. Yet another common mod is to install a mechanical boost gauge, either replacing the one in the cluster or adding one somewhere in the interior.
10 lbs is stock for 88-89 cars (which have 3-port wastegates), and 7 lbs is stock for 87 and older (single port wastegates).

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2022 at 9:56 AM, GoldStar said:

Another thing with these cars is the stock boost gauge is notoriously inaccurate. From what I understand, that gauge isn't directly reading intake pressure; rather, it's displaying what the ECU thinks the boost is, because the ECU doesn't have a way to directly read intake pressure either. Yet another common mod is to install a mechanical boost gauge, either replacing the one in the cluster or adding one somewhere in the interior.
10 lbs is stock for 88-89 cars (which have 3-port wastegates), and 7 lbs is stock for 87 and older (single port wastegates).

It's been a while since my last login, Had to completely wipe and re-install the OS to Clear up some strange  issues something was corrupted, all good now.

Back to the car, Turbo is not stock but the wastegate actuator is one port. The are no Cats. in the exhaust. 2.5 or 3 inch pipe. I only thought I was making a little more boost because at on point I had tried a different wastegate actuator (thinking I could make a little more power) and I found the car was starting to detonate that stopped when i reinstalled the stock wastegate actuator. (that was a while back, like two years ago.)

At one point I had a mechanical boost gauge (don't remember the brand) it was tied into the vacuum lines on the lower part of the intake. The installation of it required cutting into the printed circuit plastic piece on the back of the cluster. It help me when I was tinkering with the wastegate. That's why I thought at one point I was making more than 7lbs of boost back to stock on the gauges.

That's a bit more of the history of my baby. The weather has been so wonky the car's been sitting for a while. The other day I saw the worst possible situation, I wasp crawled into the gap between the headlight and hood. I'm almost afraid to pop the hood. i need to in order to start the car with my battery box since the cars been sitting for a while (about 4 months). In he middle of wasp season and starting hurricane season. Weather wise I had my internet service out 3 out the 4 weeks this month. Sorry for the rant.

As always I appreciate  all the info/feedback I receive from everyone

Edited by madmanperez

• 4 months later...

Thank you all. The injectors were in their proper locations with the correct wire.

The fix was a new set of O-rings. When I removed the top hat I found the injectors were loose. Anew set of O-rings allowed the injectors to fit snugly in the their respective positions. That and a new Battery have my little girl back on the road.

• Like 2