Greetings from Colorado!

OnyxFox

Hello, all! My name is Brian I am from Fountain, CO. Brand new to the starquest world (and even newer to the forum page) I am 4 days into my ownership as I just purchased an '86 plymouth conquest. Currently runs and drives, it has 98k on the odometer and it made the two hour drive home with no issues. I've been doing some research as far as basic maintenance for the g54b but I'm always looking for tips and tricks to keep these cars alive. Very excited to be here, and thanks for checking out my post!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gQvd7FsYpBR92m1TA

2 hours ago, TexasQuest said:

First year widebody and it's a plymouth, nice! Welcome to the club, any questions just ask away.

Awesome I appreciate it! I’m sure I will, first thing I am fixing is the hood release cable. If I have pliers I can open it but the new part is already on the way

Welcome and congrats on the car!   It looks good.   Even appears to have the original spoiler.   Is the interior black or burgundy?   With an 86, you could get a black car with the burgundy interior.  

I love the 86s but the electrical system can be a bit quirky.  

2 hours ago, kev said:

Welcome and congrats on the car!   It looks good.   Even appears to have the original spoiler.   Is the interior black or burgundy?   With an 86, you could get a black car with the burgundy interior.  

I love the 86s but the electrical system can be a bit quirky.  

Interior is all black and the radio doesn’t work. Lol but I’m excited to get started 

Black on black is more desireable, I was just curious if it was burgundy.  I've seen a few 86s with that color combo but I believe they were all starions.   I like the 86 model year. I liked the available color combinations in both the conquest and starion variants and love the non-automatic seatbelts.   

Welcome to the board. Congrats on the clean car. That's great it's running so well right off the bat, must have been cared for and loved. There is a lot of good info in the sections for maintenance and troubleshooting.  My name is also Brian,  nice to meet you.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:52 PM, 860QuestTuner said:

Welcome to the board. Congrats on the clean car. That's great it's running so well right off the bat, must have been cared for and loved. There is a lot of good info in the sections for maintenance and troubleshooting.  My name is also Brian,  nice to meet you.

I’m definitely grateful for it already, excited to really delve into working on it. I actually have to replace the hood release cable (currently using pliers to pop it) and can’t seem to find any luck finding it on Google. Do you have any recommendations for where to go for parts?

For sale forum , people parting out rotted cars. At one point I used a universal throttle kit for a card and a homemade bracket. Had it ran to brake duct area with a T pull.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:52 PM, OnyxFox said:

I’m definitely grateful for it already, excited to really delve into working on it. I actually have to replace the hood release cable (currently using pliers to pop it) and can’t seem to find any luck finding it on Google. Do you have any recommendations for where to go for parts?

NLA new from Mitsubishi. You can get good used ones from people parting out cars like mentioned above. Some people have retrofitted bicycle brake cable to work as well.

On 4/30/2022 at 4:52 PM, OnyxFox said:

If the sleeve is still in decent shape you can run a new cable through and attach the end after

• 2 months later...