How did the American scrapyard die? Several SQs in video

ucw458

• ucw458 changed the title to How did the American scrapyard die? Several SQs in video

My 8 year old loves cars and can't stop talking about how he wants to go see a junk yard.  So after some research I found one an hour or two away that is old school and hopefully lets an 8 year old in lol.  None of them in my immediate area do, and they don't have any cool stuff anyways.  

Edited by BlueCuda

I spent a lot of time in junkyards searching for a part that might not be there. Even if I didn't find what I want I always enjoyed just wandering and checking out everything. Lucky enough to still have 3 decent yards within an hour of my hometown. Rarely anything cool in there though. That stuff get sold whole. 

A throw away society is part of it. I spent my high school years to early 2000s wondering junk yards. There are a few still around me but most break parts themselves for 10 to 15 year old cars and junk the rest

I live around the corner from a scrap yard and they have been lack luster. Originally they were a "We pull it for you place" and wouldn't let customers actually go see the cars they were getting parts off of. They even had a few SQ there and wouldn't let me see them. Eventually the place was about to go under so they changed their business dynamic to a you pull the part. 

Either way every time I've gone the vehicle's aren't in the best of shape and most stuff has been stripped haphazardly.