driver seatbelt not working

TexasQuest

My driver side seatbelt track broke awhile back so I finally got around to replacing the entire driver side assembly including motor. I bolted & plugged everything in and it's not working at all and the seatbelt light flashes when the driver door is closed with the key on. The emergency releases still function properly and passenger side seatbelt still functions properly. I left the driver side unplugged for a few months so the motor wouldn't keep running with the door closed and burn up until I could have time to replace it. Could that have some affect? 

I keep putting this off.  I have had two 87s drivers belt was dead on both(one of them wasn't that old at the time).  I buy a $300 parts car that had been sitting for 16 years and as soon as I hook up battery power the seatbelts move into position.  Frustrating lol

Edited by BlueCuda

Jimmy Ainsworth did a write up on the A-Pillar limit switch awhile back, he would be the member to ask about it.

It's here: FAQ Archives page 1 Auto Seat Belts Limit Switches by J Ainsworth.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I found the problem. When I installed the new track assembly a part of the track tape got pinched in between sections behind the driver seat. I unbolted the section of track where it was pinched and was able to straighten it back out with a small flat blade screwdriver. Works as it should now, just needs some lubricant for smoother operation.