doesn"t anyone work around here?

Caliber308

I’m doing a work from home business venture that requires wood working.

retired aswell

Brian R

Edited by G54Bstore

I put in 96 hours in two weeks , so I don't get on much,  hoping yo move on to something with less hours.

Dad

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, pure_insanity said:

I got you beat, last pay period (2weeks) I had 130+ hrs.

Wife says I don't live at my house, it's more of a mailing address.

P.s. you retired people suck.

Man, that's Brutal,  I know you are younger than I am  but that is way too many hours.  I start next week at another dealership looking at less hours.

On 3/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, Dad said:

Man, that's Brutal,  I know you are younger than I am  but that is way too many hours.  I start next week at another dealership looking at less hours.

It won't last forever. I'm hoping the hours will run out about August.

I love what I do and the job needs me. I get paid hourly and it's not so bad money. I gotta get it while I can.

You guys kill me. Being retired is being retired !!!!!! I spend my time doing things I like, not working. I like working on my Street Rail and Starion, and when I am done I like to drink a few beers. You  "retired" guys are not really retired if you have to  continue to work to make money😉

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 2:39 PM, Caliber308 said:

You guys kill me. Being retired is being retired !!!!!! I spend my time doing things I like, not working. I like working on my Street Rail and Starion, and when I am done I like to drink a few beers. You  "retired" guys are not really retired if you have to  continue to work to make money😉

Bill

I remember that in Mesquite years ago. LoL! Wish I could do the same. Still travel for work about 60% of the time.

• 1 month later...

Wish I could retire. Bout 5-7 yrs till I do, depending on the economy.

14 hours ago, 87redcat said:

Wish I could retire. Bout 5-7 yrs till I do, depending on the economy.

You might want to retire at 62, because they might run out of money😏

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my plan was 59. Cv19 threw a wrench in that. Expressjet closed its doors in 2020 leaving me jobless. I took advantage of them though and had both my knees replaced on my last months insurance. Ha!

Ive had a decent job since but just this month finally got on as a mechanic with arconic (alcoa). Im 55 now and I see guys 10-15 yrs older still working there. Sure the pay is good but damn its hot inside there.

Wish me luck on my new adventure

• 2 weeks later...