Bosch 500 fuel pump maybe just went, looking for a replacement one or good equivalent

ptracy26

Been 4 years in a MPI build,  1 shop had it for 2.5 years another for 6 months,  now I'm on it for a year debugging. Think I'm close,  but weeks back after cranking to get it turned over,  I heard a loud winding noise,  and gas we slighly pouring out of the back or at the bottom of the tank.  Now no fuel pressure,  was only advised it probably got clogged and it burnt out.

I did get it many years back from TopEnd,  I see they are still there but don't know if they have them (290.00).  Any replacement offerings on external pumps recomendations?   MPI build is up to 400 hp approach. 

I had a similar problem recently. My car has been sitting for about 4 years after blowing the motor. I finally got it running again. I wasn't seeing any fuel at the throttle body when jumping the fuel pump with the connection under the hood. I disconnected the lines from the tank and at the throttle body, then I was able to fill the lines with Seafoam and blow it through with compressed air.

After that I reconnected the lines and set up a catch can under the hood and jumped the pump. Fuel came gushing out, so there was some sort of blockage that came loose from the compressed air and Seafoam. Might be something worth trying.

I believe I was getting fuel over this past year ( i have around 50 logs with megaviewer ) ,  I would be more curious if the fuel is shot,  but since the other folks destroyed my wiring with digital meters (ripped wires out), that wasn't hooked up I couldn't tell.  Basically trusted the other mechanics who I paid money for to make sure all was working

So megasquirt and all its goodness was starting scratch.  I think in the end something flowed through the line and or got picked up weeks back.  I'll be taking apart the pump area for inspection both electrical and lines.  I'll follow up  Thanks,  

Oh,  yes I will probably purchase a new pump next,  TPS,  IAT,  CLT, RPM,  coil firing now,  since I took the deep nose dive to help myself and solder the right way.  Cross my fingers and fuel is last,  hate to be cheap but why I was looking for a good fuel distribution as I see prices from 40 to 400 as why I'm asking for opinions on hardware.

• 4 weeks later...