Mevotech front end parts?

I recently got my 87 conquest running and on the road.  Got it out on main roads for the first time on saturday and it was rough!  I needs every tie rod end and and idler arm bushing kit.

As you can imagine I had trouble finding parts.  I ended up ordering some Mevotech brand stuff from RockAuto.  I have never heard of them but they were the only thing available for inner tie rod ends.  I ended up with Moog outer tie rod ends because that was all I could find, I couldn't find outers anywhere but rockauto.  

I also ordered some new strut mounts also from Mevotech.  

Does anyone have any experience with mevotech?

Agreed on Moog, but they were all I found.  Proforged makes some good stuff, the ball joints on my jeep are from them and they have outlasted Moog bigtime.  It was not a surprise when I found they didn't make anything for our cars.  

For different cars, I've gotten some good parts in Mevotech boxes, and I've gotten some disappointing ones. Moog is the same way. Neither company is manufacturing all the parts they are packaging. I know that Moog ball joints, at least the ones I got, are 555 brand, made in Japan. Good stuff.

I'm surprised you were able to find outer tie rod ends. You must have bought the last ones, I can't find them anywhere. You didn't get the narrowbody (non-intercooled) ones, did you?

If you've got sloppy steering, check the steering coupler between the column and the box too. That's where most of the slop usually comes from. Unfortunately it's a pain to get at.

I must have been very lucky on the tie rod ends, the part number I got ES3005RL doesn't show on Rock auto anymore, your comment made me second guess myself although I was real sure I ordered the correct one!

I already did the steering joint from MKS, the factory one was smoked, I can't imagine how this thing drove before with the combination of roasted tie rod ends and steering coupler.

1 hour ago, BlueCuda said:

Everything showed up and is correct, I am a little disappointed that neither the mevoteck or the Moog parts are greaseable.  Next stop alignment shop!

That's a bummer! Pretty sure mine are all Moog and I know they have the grease fittings

On 1/16/2022 at 10:27 AM, psu_Crash said:

That's a bummer! Pretty sure mine are all Moog and I know they have the grease fittings

This thing won't see a ton of miles or inclement weather so I am not too worried about them not being greaseable.  

I was disappointed to learn that the passenger side has to be removed to make any adjustments to the tie rod.  I ball parked them and tossed them on and discovered this when i went for the tape measure alignment(really should have been obvious).  So I did all the adjustment to get it drive able on the drivers side and my steering wheel is all crooked.  My alignment guy will love it.  

7 minutes ago, BlueCuda said:

My alignment guy will love it.  

Yes they will! I remember the first time i had mine aligned many years ago and they took hours before finally coming to me and saying the parts on it weren't OEM. I had to show them how to do it. Just couldn't wrap their heads around adjustment only on one side.