Carlisle Performance and Style SQC Meet-up!! - May 14, 2022

86FlatValour

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this to the top.   This meet is still on for May 14, 2022 (May 13 is also covered in the registration if you want to be there for two days)!   Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlisle, PA as part of the Import & Performance Nationals.

2022 Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals NON-JUDGED Showfield (carlisleevents.com)

SQC is listed in the drop down field for registration.    We haven't had a SQ meet in carlisle since 2003 which had over 35 cars at that event!  That was the year preceding the first PF meet.   

I think there are 11 confirmed registrations to date, from what I heard.   I haven't registered yet but plan on attending.   Was going to bring both of my cars but I don't think my 88 beater will be up and running in time but, barring any unforeseen circumstances after its winter hibernation, I plan on bringing my blue 87.   

Hoping it will be a good turnout!  

• kev changed the title to Carlisle Performance and Style SQC Meet-up!! - May 14, 2022

Yes still on, been having a difficult time with the new site and Android. 

Still going on, if there's a good turnout this year I will get us a tent and banner next year unless we get enough registered cars (25) for a free one.    It's Friday and Saturday, Sunday is kinda the hangout for a few while people head home, or wait for a trophy if you registered under judged.

Plenty of hotels in the area, but sign up soon!

I hoping to get there.  Not sure if I'll be in the Starion though - looking doubtful.  Maybe I can drive out the Eclipse.  It's Import Nationals, they'll still let me in, right!? Lol.

• 4 weeks later...

The weather forecast isn't looking too great for tomorrow.  I know there are several members in route but, unfortunately, I think I will be bowing out.   I'm not too keen on taking my car that hasn't seen rain more than a light mist in 23 years out there to sit in the showers all day.    Plus, I'm having an issue with my door poppers..as in they stopped working...which is a problem because I have shaved door handles making it difficult to get in the car when the windows are up!    If my black car was running, I'd be there but instead I think I'll spend the day building the engine for said car.   

I'll be keeping an eye on the weather though and may change my mind at the last minute.

A few photos...Sorry, I didn't take many.  Three cars but several SQC members were there  Was a great day!

full

full

full

Forgot to get a photo of the third car.   

I ended up taking 2nd in the Chrysler Compact class.  

full

full