Screw in 02 Sensor with one wire

BlueCuda

My 87 has a 3" cat less downpipe and exhaust on it.  I has a threaded 02 sensor as opposed to the flanged one that goes in the stock location.  Currently it has an AEM wideband sensor in it and the factory 02 isn't even plugged in.  I am going to add another 02 bung so I can use both.  Is there a known good number out there for a single wire screw in 02 for these cars?  I am thinking it is probably a generic part but its worth asking.  

The car originally had a MAF T and Apexi deal on it so maybe that is why they weren't using the 02 sensor?  I dropped all that stuff and returned to stock as a baseline since I bought it with a bad engine.  

The AEM wideband won't last long in that spot, it should be about 30" downstream. I have mine in the B pipe next to trans. I believe I have genetic bosch part numbers for single and 3 wire sensors in my quest notebook in garage. Part guys usually have trouble with generic parts unless they let you raid the warehouse 

3 wire bosch part # 39010B0 or 13913, ther seems to be a bunch of revised part numbers for single wire and still stocked at most auto parts stores

This is the one I was using with my aftermarket downpipe.  

Bosch 12053

One wire,  unheated sensor with connector and screw in threads.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XB8UHE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XXF8WA711CXNS32ZW8DH

Edited by BluFalcon16G

14 hours ago, BlueCuda said:

Awesome, thanks Ed!

I didn't think about how close the AEM sensor is to the turbo.  I will weld in the 2nd bung under the car to keep it a little cooler.  

Running a PLX Wideband with the sensor in the factory location,  and a simulated narrowband signal from the controller to the ECU.

Need to do something similar with mine once I take my car to the exhaust shop and have them fix the Mookeeh Catback Exhaust fitment.

Leave the stock Sensor in place, or replace it with a three wire. Go appox. 36 inches down from the turbo outlet and install a bung in the exhaust pipe on top of the pipe or at least at a 45 degree angle so as not to come in contact with condensation in the bottom of the exhaust pipe to install your AFR gauge sensor. This hook up shows you what the wideband AFR gauge is reading in real time without screwing with the ECU.

Edited by Caliber308
  • Thanks 1