Factory Radio Wiring

BlueCuda

Does the factory radio harness have a "sub harness" that goes from the radio perhaps to an amp or something then plug in?  Or does it go the distance to the speakers etc?

My good 87 has radio wiring that has been partially cut off, my parts car has a stock radio so I am hoping the wiring behind it hasn't been touched.  I would love to be able to just unplug bad wiring and plug good wiring in if possible.  Before my parts car I bought stock radio connectors with about 12" of wire that I can patch into my good cars harness if I have to.  I am partially color blind so projects like that always drive me crazy and I would love to avoid that if possible.  

Thank you for any help.  

The radio wires are part of the main harness of the car.   There isn't a separate harness for the radio.   It connects to the main harness that routes behind the dash and up into the engine bay that controls all  features of the car.  All other harnesses plug into the main which will run to the speakers (dash harness, door harnesses, and rear harness).  Even the engine harness connects to the main on the passenger side (although it is mainly just to run the gauges).  

So, you'll have to splice in the connector.  It is not easy to swap a main harness, especially on a car that is fully together.  

If you're color blind do what my color blind friend does and use a shade/color wheel to try and match things up. He is an aircraft mechanic and he can't see blues or greens. I never knew he had that until we were at a car show and he asked me what color a green car was. I'm sure it's gotta suck for wiring stuff.

You could also use a multimeter to determine your power and ground first, they usually are the solid color no stripe, or they are a larger gauge. Once you figure that out and can get something powered up, use the speaker output wires and try to match up which speaker goes where while it plays sound