HELP me decide if i should buy another Starquest

Evoz17

SO there's a 87 conquest narrow body for sale near me, Now i dont really need another car/project, but it feels as if i should not let this go by either lol.

May be an image of car

May be an image of car and outdoors

May be an image of car and outdoors

No photo description available.

They are asking $4000

Starquest family what should i do??

Current list of cars

86 starion- current project

87 conquest widebody shell- has rust at firewall under the front windshield

95 eagle talon esi-plan to evo 4g63 swap it, have plug and play engine harness from ohm racing already

95 eagle talon tsi awd- few bolt ons, just going to paint it and no futher mods as 5sp awd trannys are pretty much unavailable anymore

2006 evo MR- daily, not modding

2000 corvette - fun car, mid life crisis purchase lol

Edited by Evoz17
added pics

That's like asking a bunch of drug addicts and dealers if you should continue to use meth :D
If you got the space, money, and energy to make sure it doesn't sit around and rot away, go for it bro. 4k for a running driving flatty seems reasonable to me, but I'm pretty new to the SQ game.
At the very least, try to be someone else's enabler and convince them to buy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldStar said:

That's like asking a bunch of drug addicts and dealers if you should continue to use meth :D
If you got the space, money, and energy to make sure it doesn't sit around and rot away, go for it bro. 4k for a running driving flatty seems reasonable to me, but I'm pretty new to the SQ game.
At the very least, try to be someone else's enabler and convince them to buy it.

Agreed, this is a horrible place to ask that question lol.  

Yeah, I think everyone on here will say buy it. 

The most I ever spent on a conquest was $2500 though and those were wide bodies in pretty decent shape.  I went with a buddy of mine up to buy an 87 flatly several years back for $600 and it was in a better visual condition. Although the price of these cars have been starting to rise the past few years.  All in all, if you like it, willing to work on it, and can afford it, then go for it. 

Save it if you can. Looks clean but price could come down a bit considering parts chasing. Watch that EVO as a daily, mine is a 06 low miles and just started chasing rust, there is no rust protection.  Mine was is an 06 and was purchased late that year, was only dailyed close to home by my wife for first 2 years. 

On 11/5/2021 at 5:52 PM, 860QuestTuner said:

Save it if you can. Looks clean but price could come down a bit considering parts chasing. Watch that EVO as a daily, mine is a 06 low miles and just started chasing rust, there is no rust protection.  Mine was is an 06 and was purchased late that year, was only dailyed close to home by my wife for first 2 years. 

Lol, I shouldn't say daily, but it's the one I drive most of all my cars, maybe 3000 miles a year maybe, I have company truck I use for work, and everything else 07 Chevy Silverado , we have a gas pump on site. I didn't really get when people complained about gas prices, then I realized I haven't paid for gas in 12 years lol