Anyone here use QuickJacks for their Starquest work?

varzaman

You could get a set of these stands. They bolt to the hub. Really expensive however if the car is sat up for a long time it keeps the suspension compressed so the shocks won't leak gasses. They are also good for setting corner weight if you have scales to use.

https://mossmiata.com/hub-alignment-stands-by-paco-motorsports?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlOmLBhCHARIsAGiJg7lkmJ18b4DGUF9W9AJ2P7lky0F_kF4aqmDstH6CsNLQq8KXXcU-kGwaAoDXEALw_wcB

I have the 5000 model and love it especially if you don’t have space for a real lift, like myself. They’re cumbersome to move around but I prefer the lift over jack stands every time. I store the car on it in the winter too. 

21 hours ago, Turbo Cary said:

You could get a set of these stands. They bolt to the hub. Really expensive however if the car is sat up for a long time it keeps the suspension compressed so the shocks won't leak gasses. They are also good for setting corner weight if you have scales to use.

https://mossmiata.com/hub-alignment-stands-by-paco-motorsports?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlOmLBhCHARIsAGiJg7lkmJ18b4DGUF9W9AJ2P7lky0F_kF4aqmDstH6CsNLQq8KXXcU-kGwaAoDXEALw_wcB

Those aren't a bad idea.  I could make a set for less than $100 in materials.  Even cheaper if you get used jackstands and weld a hub adapter to them.

I was curious as well but  didn't think the cost justified the use, especially with the hub bolting

I'd kill for a set of Quick Jack's right now.:lol:

I'm old, with a angled driveway.  The jackstands and floor jacks work,  but I really don't like using them.

Something like a Quick Jack that picks up on the pinch weld or factory jack points seems like a better idea than, "Well I hope this spot is strong enough to use with the jackstand."

On 11/2/2021 at 10:04 PM, 860QuestTuner said:

I was curious as well but  didn't think the cost justified the use, especially with the hub bolting

Bolting to the hubs is good for setting up corner weight and doing an alignment. The ones I linked can be used with a plate/level to set camber, caster, and toe. Plus if your car is going to be up in the air being worked on you keep the suspension loaded up so the shocks won't leak down. Yeah they are super expensive but if you consider what you can charge to corner weight a car you could pay them off after a few jobs. 

On 11/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, BluFalcon16G said:

I'd kill for a set of Quick Jack's right now.:lol:

I'm old, with a angled driveway.  The jackstands and floor jacks work,  but I really don't like using them.

Something like a Quick Jack that picks up on the pinch weld or factory jack points seems like a better idea than, "Well I hope this spot is strong enough to use with the jackstand."

Yeah no kidding, Undercar work may not be terrible going in from the ends.  This thread has me wondering, I would love them just for the ease of doing under dash work or engine work without bending over as far.  Transmission work would be a big maybe.

Its amazing how much I will put off a job just because it requires jacking the car up and putting it on jack stands. 😁