Aftermarket radio

Moose

So I got an 87 Chrysler conquest tsi, had it for about 3 years now and I been slowly making it road worthy. One issue I'm having is I dont know how to go about putting an aftermarket radio in it. Cant find the install kit to mount the CD player. My stock radio still works and all the functions on the steering wheel work but I only pick up one radio station and the cassette player dont work so it's really boring driving it with no tunes. Any info on finding a dash install kit would be great.

Aftermarket radios simply bolt in.  It uses the standard DIN size mounts.  If your radio is a single DIN, you just need something to block off the bottom half of the opening (piece of plexiglass is all I ever used).  Double DIN units fit perfectly.    As to the harness adapter; they are still available.  1gDSMs are the same btw.  

I was going through the same issues and did a LOT of research and came up with this.

Atoto S8 Gen 2

Full touch screen Android so you download all the apps you would want. Fits Perfectly to take up the 2.5 din spot in the'86. the screen would just sit outside the bezel on an '87-'89 a little more

With a PAC SWI RC1 (has to be this exact model - other brands/models will not work) you can assign the steering wheel controls to anything you want (I have one button programmed to switch to back up camera so I can see how fast the cops are gaining on me - kidding)

It has GPS, TPMS capabilities (just need to buy the wheel sensors), back up camera (no camera included), 2 bluetooth channels so I have one for my phone and the other for a bluetooth adapter attached to my Megasquirt so the screen acts as a digital dash for anything I want to monitor on the engine. SD,USB (installed an SD extension and mounted it in the storage bin below the radio and installed a usb extension and put a 2 port receptacle in the center console). SO many adjustments for the music, bass boosts and you choose the frequencies, multi band e.q.'s 1 for the front speakers, 1 for the rear speakers, time delays for the speakers, where in the vehicle you want the sound field (balance/fader

Customize the color/layout to whatever you choose.

You can use it as a dashcam DVR with an added front camera.

I did have to mount mine with the chassis adjusted all the way up and at a steep angle to clear the hvac ducts

Blue tape to keep protective film on it while finishing the wiring.

stereo2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 12:22 AM, TexasQuest said:

I'm using factory Mitsubishi radio from an early 3000GT with an Aux cord port built in. Lights up orange to match the rest of the interior lighting.

I'm doing the same, except that I also added a bluetooth receiver pcb to the aux in port, inside the radio.

I used the pcb from below link and soldered to the pins inside radio and on the edge of the pcb, i removed the mini jacks and dc barrel from the board to make it smaller -https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013S7TWWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did it a while ago, so it's likely that there's a newer module that works w/ 12v input and has bluetooth 5/5.1 or newer bluetooth audio profile.

Edited by tux