Anyone else's car slips backwards when parked on hill?

Preludedude

I know of another member here whose car slips backwards when parked on a hill. With a manual tranny, even when in gear, the car will slip gradually...Like its gears/teeth slipping gradually..

Anyone else have this problem?

My Ebrake cable dont work, and prolly needs adjusting or replacing..So in otherwards, I cannot park on a hill at all...

Curious if this is a common problem...

I feel as though most basic standard transmissions will do this. I've watched a driver get out of his racecar to celebrate when parked on a bank and while he celebrated you could see the car lurch back a few inches at a time. It'd move a couple inches and then stop. Move a couple inches then stop. Obviously he didn't really care cause he planned to get back in the car before it got in danger if hitting something.

I've never tried to park on an incline without the parking brake, but I could see it being the case.

- Charles

I feel as though most basic standard transmissions will do this. I've watched a driver get out of his racecar to celebrate when parked on a bank and while he celebrated you could see the car lurch back a few inches at a time. It'd move a couple inches and then stop. Move a couple inches then stop. Obviously he didn't really care cause he planned to get back in the car before it got in danger if hitting something.

I've never tried to park on an incline without the parking brake, but I could see it being the case.

- Charles

Thats exactly what mine does...Its only a problem because my Ebrake doesnt work..Cable must have slack..There is no tension whatsoever when I set the ebrake.