where did you get your clutch?

importwarrior

$100 ebay 6 puck. I may have gotten lucky but so far it has held 300hp. If I ever finish tuning my SQ I'll figure out what it holds. It's mated to a fidanza flywheel.

On a side note, I went from TBI with stock clutch and stock flywheel to untuned MPI with 6 puck clutch and aluminum flywheel. With throttle tip in not tuned it was a really steep learning curve. I hadn't stalled a manual that many times since I was 16. :P

$100 ebay 6 puck. I may have gotten lucky but so far it has held 300hp. If I ever finish tuning my SQ I'll figure out what it holds. It's mated to a fidanza flywheel.

On a side note, I went from TBI with stock clutch and stock flywheel to untuned MPI with 6 puck clutch and aluminum flywheel. With throttle tip in not tuned it was a really steep learning curve. I hadn't stalled a manual that many times since I was 16. :P

thats what i ran, but quick shifting and WOT shifting it slipped like a mofo (on the hx40 mpi setup)

• Like 1

I'm running the ACT 6 puck, I bought mine through Granite State Dyno in NH and it was actually cheaper than the cheapest one on eBay by ten or fifteen bucks. Alex (the owner) and his team are awesome. I believe his site is http://www.dynonh.com/.

I'm running an RPS Stage 3 PP with a full round (basically stock) sprung disc. I like the combo. Grabs hard as a mother, but still slips enough for smooth engagement. Only thing is that I can't find them for our cars anymore.

I'll keep looking...

- Charles

Edited by nightwalkerancestery

From what I've heard, the four and six pucks eventually eat into the flywheel even before it gets to the rivets. It's just a drawback of having a disc that grabs immediately like it does. Even the sprung six pucks will do it to a degree.

Just something to think about. I got a flywheel from Phil (FijiPhil) that someone ran a six puck on and it ate a groove into the flywheel about .150" deep and it hadn't even gotten to the rivets.

- Charles

I can get ACT from one of our vendors. FYI they are usually special order since there arent lots of SQs looking for clutches now a days. Import shoot me a PM if you want me to check on pricing

My packing slip says Arrow Speed warehouse but I don't recall that name at all. This is from 2006 so...

Listing- Starion 87-89 HD Mod Street K

Disc - 2000204 Modified Street Disc RX7 Turbo

PP - MZ010 ACT HD pp, 87-91 RX7 Turbo

Pilot - PB1002 Bearing Acura/Honda/Mazda

RB422 Throwout bearing

There was also an alignment tool in the kit. I like the heavy plate coupled with drive ability of the regular style disc. I'm sure I could run a lot more power on it than I am.

My packing slip says Arrow Speed warehouse but I don't recall that name at all. This is from 2006 so...

Listing- Starion 87-89 HD Mod Street K

Disc - 2000204 Modified Street Disc RX7 Turbo

PP - MZ010 ACT HD pp, 87-91 RX7 Turbo

Pilot - PB1002 Bearing Acura/Honda/Mazda

RB422 Throwout bearing

There was also an alignment tool in the kit. I like the heavy plate coupled with drive ability of the regular style disc. I'm sure I could run a lot more power on it than I am.

I running the same combo as you from a different manufacturer and they rated the combo at 475 lbft. That coupled with the two step surfacing I had done to the flywheel, I'm sure it'd hold a good 500 lbft on the fresh disc.

Just to help give you an idea of your combo capacity.

- Charles