97 jeep 5.2?

89andBlue

Hey all.

I've been considering multiple swaps lately and this is one I haven't thought about yet. It's a pretty small motor whole sale and that year motor was damn near indestructible.

I have mechanical training, tools, a welder, an engine crane, and a garage. I plan on keeping the car for the rest of my life so I want to make it my own. My goal is to combine my love for v8 muscle with my love for these cars.

Would love to hear some talk about what it would take to pull it off.

I also just found a video about a guy who converted a 97 jeep 5.2 into a manual transmission.

He used an AX15 trans with a bell housing from a 97 Dakota v6

Edited by 89andBlue

What is your budget and resource level? Resource meaning tools, skills, space and additional labor (help). That will determine how much of a swap you can do. What are your goals for the car? Race, Show, Daily Driver?

Its really not about what has been overdone or cheap initially. It's the length of time you intend to keep the car and the ability to keep it maintained. The LS swaps are so popular due to the overwhelming aftermarket support available. I encourage you to research more about the engine you choose. It's going to make or break you.

Richard