In line 4 cylinders

tsi_tom

Our motors are one of the most hated on engines of all time. I love it when they make power and shut peoples traps up. ^_^

I always get "How many haedgaskets you've done on that thing?!"

From a murmer I can be heard saying 3x's! :lol:

The only time I've personally replaced a head gasket on a g54b was because the head was off for an unrelated reason (upgrades etc). I think as long as you keep the motor from overheating these motors are very reliable. The problems people have with them are not mechanically the engines fault. It's improper maintenance or assembly imo.
  • Like 1

I never did a headgasket "job" on mine, I pulled the head to replace valve seals, used a new gasket to put it back on

I spiked 30+ on my hx35 when the wastegate hose popped off, didn't pop the gasket (broke ringlands I found out next day, cheap aftermarket pistons)

Ran 24psi daily and constantly, including towing a station wagon up a steep as mountain, that's on the billet hx40

Never overheated or popped anything

I also still enjoy driving my in line 4.

Love swapping turbo's.

Making different setups from other cars to work on the 2.6.

Think i'm gonna go down the street and do a nice burn out...do nut?

NOT A LOT OF NON IN LINE 4 CYLS ;)

Subie'S vw's and Roterys

My friend just bought a 1950's Fiat with suicide doors. It's got a V4 in it! Blew my mind! Never knew there were V4's.

I always laughed at the fools on craigslist listing "V4" cars for sale. Guess they are not that crazy.

Edited by louswheel

My friend just bought a 1950's Fiat with suicide doors. It's got a V4 in it! Blew my mind! Never knew there were V4's.

I always laughed at the fools on craigslist listing "V4" cars for sale. Guess they are not that crazy.

jeeps have v4s in them