My Cam Source

Tim_C.

Since I have no intention of being a vendor again, I can say that my source for the cams is Colt Cams in Vancouver BC. One reason they were a little expensive is because shipping to and from up there added another $40 or so. I usually sent them up in lots of 6 or 7 cams. I sent up cores to be ground, with him Geoff, supplying cores when he found one that is unacceptable, etc... So, yes, he has the grinds and if you want one, be my guest to order direct. He does have a US core regrind of the Aussie only stock roller that will work even better with 1.6 ratio rockers. He is professional with his grinds, but he probably won't supply a cam card with the minute details on it. Most of you have the list with the general details. Someone had already posted the source without my asking, and if you disagree with that like I do, please tell him on this thread. That is not how business is done, even though I was already done with supplying them, it is proper to send me a message to at least ask and discuss it first. It is never good to just post up a source like that. I live a blessed life in peace, so I'll try to not let it get to me, but still, that isn't right. I have told many people in PM's over the years, so it wasn't like I was trying to hide it and not allow people the chance to get the cam they want.

Tim called me out, politely of course, in that instead of getting into an argument with that specific member, I should have hid the thread and requested that he first contact Tim prior to posting his source. Although not illegal, it is morally and ethically wrong to side step a fellow member of this community, especially someone so prominant, supportive, and helpful like Tim has been over the past 20 years. Tim, please accept my appology on this matter.

kev

• Like 1

You should have been consulted, It was a d*** move, If anything then he should have posted he found a new cam source, but it wasn;t right to reference your name in the post without your knowledge. input or permission.

Dad

• Like 1

Tim I have posted in this thread 3 times but each time my posts go away :(

i'l try once more ,, I want to say thank you for all the time , work I know you spent 100 of hours getting the cam thing togather

and for little return ,, that shows the type of man you are and I'm very proud to call you FRIEND ,

as for what happened I had the same thing happen to me , with the turbo intake hard pipes,, all I heard for years was some one please make some,, and as

soon as I make some seems every one jumped into the mix

one more thing please do not leave this site over this ,,your a super friend and a much respected member and we need people like you here

• Like 1

Nothing but SQ love & thanks for all your help & support with my cam setup Tim. You've been a standup guy and surely that's obvious on your Feedback Forum page as well.

From what I recall on the other thread started with your name but without your blessing or input, some people had questions on how the grinds are set up. With that thread possibly gone or hidden, I'm not sure where the cam-seeking community goes from here. Having an OEM Magna cam and rockers (thanks to Tim) I'm happy to help in any way possible but no cam/rocker expert.

Learning what we can and trusting our best members is the point of this site. Hopefully a bad taste from missteps of the few don't prevent continued support and assurance moving forward for the rest. ~Best

Edited by mstieg