My Conquest Dead! Killed By Uninsured Person!

At approximately 3pm today, some dumba!! in a beat to crap Mustang made a left turn right in front of me. He was turning into a motel, he didn't eve bother to look. I had about 20 ft., to react, at 35 mph, not enough room to stop. Hit him straight on right front fender. He hit parked car as well, like a 99 Camaro. The Camaro had minor damage and it got pushed forward touching a Honda parked in front of it.

Guy gets out of the car, first thing I hear is "don't call the cops, I have no insurance." I nearly lost it, first instinct was to punch this clown! I looked at my car, its freaking dead!

I hate accidents, mainly because of the opportunistic crooks that come out of the wood work. So 4 cars involved, I and the Mustang incurred the biggest damage. The guy in the Camaro, maybe $1000 to $1500 in repairs. The crook, the one making the biggest deal wanting to get my insurance and everyone else's insurance was the guy in the Honda. At most he had a minor scuff on his bumper cover. But he was the one acting like his car got totalled! I wanted to punch that clown!

Pics to come...man I am really bummed out. I was getting ready to paint my Conquest.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/80sriceman/Mobile%20Uploads/20151023_150144.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/80sriceman/Mobile%20Uploads/20151023_145950.jpg

Edited by louswheel

That sucks dude. Are you ok? Didn't I just weld the frame together on that around 2 months ago? At least you got to enjoy it a bit before it died.

At least now you have an engine and black interior to swap into the other car. If I can get some house stuff done quickly I may have room and a little time to put your other car together.

Sorry bro. Hate to hear and see that. Looks like they use that as a street drag area with those tire marks.

Those are my skid marks. The guy in the Camaro admitted he made the mistake. He had just bought the car, not insured. But he offered to pay me cash $2500. Just not until tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath on that one. My back up driver towed away my car and his friend towed away the Mustang that hit me and sent me the address where they dropped it off.

The one I'm more angry at is the the clown in the Honda CRV who had no damage. But was hell bent on making a big deal about it. My wife arrived to pick me up and she called our insurance. I did not hit any of the other cars so I did not have to give them my insurance, just my number and name. So stupid clown starts taking pictures of me, my car, my wife's car etc. I don't understand such people! They are total pieces of human fecal matter!

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/80sriceman/Mobile%20Uploads/20151023_160803.jpg

Edited by louswheel

Thanks guys. I'm happy I'm not hurt. 10 plus years with this red one, it ran so good stock. My kids and my wife were really bummed about the car, my son loved that thing. But the little booger tells me "well, at least you have the one in the garage!"

Jeff, I will surely need help piecing the Shetland back together. I'll swap the black interior from the red one. Engine looks fine, I just pulled the hood. Looks like cooling damage, but not much went past that. No upward shift on the engine, no direct engine contact.

I just don't have a car now. :(

Hope you get your money and the stories don;t change.

No stories to tell, there was no insurance on his end. I have uninsured mororist coverage. But if the guy pays me the $2500 cash he said he would to replace my car, I won't bother to use it.

There is absololutely nothing authorities can do when someone has no financial responsibility. They tell you to take them to court. You do that, win in court and you will never see a dime if the person don't have a penny to their name.

I've been down this road before. Its the unfortunate reality.

So they don't even issue a citation for not having insurance? that sux. Here in Ohio at least if the PD is called there are statements that the PD takes about exchanging info, liability etc. even if no charges get filed, Seen stories get changed araound later on who caused what, at least PD has documentation to help the victim. Good luck, hope the guy comes thru.

Here in Pa if the car can't be driven you are supposed to call the cops. I got rear ended in my SQ 15 or so years ago. I was so mad i nearly drug the idiot out his window. If that happened to me ... It would make the news.

Glad you are OK!!

Looking at that pic things don't look like a complete lost cause. Are you going to try and fix it at all.

Edited by psu_Crash

If the cops are called, they will take a police report, get everyones info, story etc. They'll give the uninsured person a ticket and haul his car away to official police inpound.

But non of that will get my car fixed ir replaced. I'll have the report on my side and it will do damn near nothing for me. I'll win in court, small claims. Judge will order guy to pay.

Guy tells judge "I aint got a job, I aint got money." Judge will look at you and "good luck collecting". End of story.

I have seen this all too many times in the tow truck business.

The car is not really worth fixing. I need a completr front clip, cooling, unbolt sheet metal and frame rails up to strut towers.

I pulled the hood last night, front end is pointing to the right. There maybe additional damage beyond the shock towers that I will not know until I take it apart.

If the guy don't through on his end to pay me by this weekend, I'm reporting it to my insurance and I will get paid. I have a picture of his license, pictures of the accident from various angles, pictures of his plates etc.

The insurance will report it to DMV, they'll suspend the guys license and that will be the end.

He had a commercial drivers license, so he will lose his job the moment DMV suspends it. Guy claims he had just bought the car, he was gonna insure it the next day. He admits it was a stupid mistake and asked me to spare him from losing his license and his job.

If he has insurance on his other cars then he's covered on the new car. You have something like 10 days grace period to tell your insurance about a new car.

Max payout for uninsured motorist coverage is $3k. Full coverage insurance will cover damages beyond $3k. But the uninsured motorist payout hinges on the other driver admitting he had no insurance. If he doesn't confirm that with your insurance you get nothing.

If he has insurance on his other cars then he's covered on the new car. You have something like 10 days grace period to tell your insurance about a new car.

Max payout for uninsured motorist coverage is $3k. Full coverage insurance will cover damages beyond $3k. But the uninsured motorist payout hinges on the other driver admitting he had no insurance. If he doesn't confirm that with your insurance you get nothing.

Our coverage is $3500. But like you said, guy has to admit he had no insurance. Which maybe a strecth.

The other two cars involved. The Camaro owner, he's gonna go aftet him. Hes not gonna get anywhere with that unless he has uninsured motorist as well. But by the looks of it, he didn't.

The jacktail in the Honda, he had no damage. But he's gonna go after the guy hard. The thief wanted to get my insurance and the Camaro owners insurance to go after our insurances. He was quick to call the cops, a tow truck company and friends as witnesses. What a crook.

I gave him nothing, I had no legal obligation to give him my insurance.

This is totally true.

Hope you get made whole. Sorry to see the loss. Looks like a lot of rubber.

I've been down for 4 days now. About $7000 in repairs and today was the day I was supposed to get my truck back. Well, mechanic calls me "Hey, Lou your truck made a horrible knocking sound while I was trsting driving, then shot a flames out the exhaust!"

So now waiting to hear if its catastrophic!

Sorry to hear about you're car and truck. Hope you're luck turns around for the better.

Thanks man. I'm just praying for peace and patience during this time. I'm thankfull I have a supportive wife and family and good circle of friends.

Tough times come and go. I just gotta have faith and patience.

Wow sorry that really bites, in Michigan if you are caught driving without insurance they take you to jail and your car gets towed. Hope your truck isn't catastrophic Edited by Potamus