Check out my smoke

Jest3r

Compression test went well.. 122, 120, 122, 122!!

Oh, and i also took it to the only engine guy in town that has worked on these engines.. he seemed to think it was fuel system related

post-7150-0-69573700-1445460873_thumb.jpg

I had no time this weekend or I would have checked the turbo.. A lot is shot on this car so I am tempering my expectations 🙄

Coolent level has not changed much since I have been looking but I only ran the car across town to engine guy who said he did not think it was the head.. Please lord let that be true!

At the moment she has no power.. Noticed the car's steering wheel lighting was blinking as I was driving, then it got worse as I got closer to home when there was not enough power to make my turn signals blink.. Just a solid light :/

The battery is from this year so I am thinking either more bad wireing, or bad alternator..

I am waiting on a few things to show up then I will install and see if anything is running better then before.

Also!! There is an oil leak coming from the half moon shaped (plug??) on my engine... I have to seal it up with the red permatex but I wanted to make sure the smoke was not coming from the head

With such good numbers on my compression test I am leaning away from a bad head but I have very little experience with engines.. Just hope I guess lol, as always anyone's imput is welcome thank you!

It could easily be turbo seals. If it is a head related issue, it's not the end of the world. They are easy to source and change. I will suggest that you start soaking all of the turbo and exhaust manifold nuts and bolts with a pb blaster or some other rust busting lube. I prefer ballistol lube for the job if you can find it.

BC_99

I think the allowable variance is 10% between the cylinders, squirt a little 10-40w in each cylinder and try again. It may be Ok. I would think a cracked/bad head gasket head would give you much worse numbers. Edited by mbruneaux

HG starting to go. It's common to blow between cylinders 2-3. Check the block and head to make sure they are flat.

As stated above I would pull the head and send it out to get checked and make sure your block is flat. I bought a machinist straight edge from Summit for I think $60. Head gasket sets are cheap enough and running the car as-is could damage more than just a gasket.

Just my $.02

But your parts from "dad" at Engine Machine Service