what do you guys think of these compression #'s?

joshb530

Pretty solid numbers. I'd be a bit nervous about 2 and 3 since they like to fail between those cylinders. Although there probably isn't a lot to worry about at the moment. Just keep an eye on it. If the numbers continue to fall then I'd pull the head ASAP

2 and 3 are technically out of spec. I've seen numbers improve over time with some good synthetic oil and fuel detergent additives. My 140K mile car has 145, 145, 148, 145 compression numbers and they didn't start that uniform (at 100K when I got it).

thanks, i will definitely keep an eye on it, i recently bought a parts car that has a low mi engine with a njv head, arp head studs and not sure what else until i pull it more apart.

i may drop the head and studs with a good headgasket on mine if it gets any worse.

i just did an oil change with a good synthetic 10-30w oil and am running a can of seafoam in the gas tank at the moment, ill check the compression again on my next oil change.

need to get it through the good ole california smog check next week :ugh: