Galant question with pic

allen405

Ok, I have an '03 galant that is having some issues. It has a 2.4l the 4g64 it has a couple codes and spending some time under the hood listening to it, I came across this thing that I'm pointing to. Whenever I strick it my engine stalls and when my wife is driving it it wants to choke out sometimes. I know it is some kind of diaphragm that has to do with the throttle body. I just thought you'd know the proper name http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/allen405/Mobile%20Uploads/20151015_125320.jpg

Can you take a more top down picture of it? It may give us guys who are not familiar with the engine or engine bay layout context to help deduce what it does. In your picture I just know what it looks like but have no context.

Double check the throttle body flange. Those were bad for cracking off of the manifold and would create the issue you describe. The disc part your pointing is just acts as a dampener on the throttle plate so that it doesn't slam closed when you let off the throttle. It can cause a stall if you do and that part is faulty. It should not cause any other driveability issues.