Best biscuits & gravy you ever had....

vanillagorilla

Dont remember the name, dont exactly remember where... At the end of a small dock somewhere in the Lake of the Ozarks.

20+ years ago. Still the best place I ever had biscuits and gravy.

Gravy, yuck. Biscuits are good though. But to be fair, I probably haven't had good gravy. Every time I get it on something at a restaurant it's bland and gross.

Good gravy here is as rare as a good carne asada burrito or fish taco elsewhere. My wife is from the south and gravy is a part of almost every meal. All different kinds, not just brown and white bland stuff you get here.

My grandma taught me years ago.

cook :sausage, hamburger, squirrel or whatever meat.

put in some self rising flour and brown it a bit.

the pour in some whole milk.

let it boil for a couple minutes and remove from heat........Makes some real good gravy for the biscuit

My grandmothers house. Luckily she's still with us so I can get them upon request.

Good gravy here is as rare as a good carne asada burrito or fish taco elsewhere.

Got a fish taco at the pier in San Diego once, not able to find one like it anywhere on the east coast. It was good but not worth the plane ticket it would take to get another.

Kane

I have always been afraid to try fish tacos for fear of them being gross.

I can kind of see how you may think they would be gross. It kind of depends how they are put together. For me a fish taco has to be made a certain way. I prefer corn tortillas, non breaded fish, and a crunchy vinegar type slaw on top. I dont like the the mayo based stuff some places use. I dont want fried fish with tartar sauce in a tortilla.

I can kind of see how you may think they would be gross. It kind of depends how they are put together. For me a fish taco has to be made a certain way. I prefer corn tortillas, non breaded fish, and a crunchy vinegar type slaw on top. I dont like the the mayo based stuff some places use. I dont want fried fish with tartar sauce in a tortilla.

Not to change the subject from gravy and biscuits but that does sound good. The fish tacos I normally see have deep fried fish.

Lemert Park, South Los Angeles, soul food joint. Can't remember the name, just know the food was bomb including the the bicuit and gravy.

And on fish tacos, the best I've ever had were in Baja California, Mexico. There are many really good authentic Mexican restaurants in Los Angeles as well.

And to note, there is a distinction between Mexican American food, Cali Mex and authentic Mexican food.

Edited by louswheel

Dont forget TexMex!

Yes, Tex Mex as well. I gotta say I've never had.

I love fried chicken and waffles. Very few places in Los Angeles for that. Man, now I'm getting hungry for some biscuits and gravy with fried chicken and waffles...and tacos to wash it all down! :lol: