26liter down?

mstieg

Yeah Gary posted about 2 months ago that 2.6liter was closing up shop. It was supposed to go down at the end of August but Gary was busy with other things. Likely gone for good. This is why we say download all the manuals from starquestgarage to your computer because websites don't last forever.

Well hell. I didn't get the memo. A good 10 years of pics linked to posts on this site are now busted.

http://media.giphy.com/media/10p704gIAGRN7i/giphy.gif

Recommendations for a new host gallery for internet pics??

How can I contact Gary to recover what I had?

Well hell. I didn't get the memo. A good 10 years of pics linked to posts on this site are now busted.

http://media.giphy.com/media/10p704gIAGRN7i/giphy.gif

Recommendations for a new host gallery for internet pics??

How can I contact Gary to recover what I had?

you realize the bandwidth usage doing that probably caused a higher bill for the guy right? lol

^ Willing to help with that but it never came up. I'm starting a site now with unlimited host bandwidth. Although I hear some are not as advertised and slow down if hidden limits are surpassed, then requiring updated server hosting...a problem I'd love to have in starting my own forum (for something entirely different).

Why I'm also now willing to pay a bit per year as needed to maintain a working gallery. Mostly for SQC & internet pic linking. Looks like a 5 MB limit on here for media uploads. Not as user friendly for external linking either. I'm not familiar with the programming aspects or potential drain on where the gallery is hosted but want to learn & do it right.

^ Willing to help with that but it never came up. I'm starting a site now with unlimited host bandwidth. Although I hear some are not as advertised and slow down if hidden limits are surpassed, then requiring updated server hosting...a problem I'd love to have in starting my own forum (for something entirely different).

Why I'm also now willing to pay a bit per year as needed to maintain a working gallery. Mostly for SQC & internet pic linking. Looks like a 5 MB limit on here for media uploads. Not as user friendly for external linking either. I'm not familiar with the programming aspects or potential drain on where the gallery is hosted but want to learn & do it right.

if you had a photobucket account (site has gone down hill over the years and is complete s***/ad based now) it tells you your bandwidth usage. like for example, my sig picture is off my photobucket, every time someone loads a page i commented on, it downloads that picture from photobucket, using bandwidth

Host all your images on imgur or someplace else that is designed for pictures. Using Facebook is a horrible idea for several reasons including their terms of use involving who owns media uploaded there along with the fact that you can't see images unless you log. I personally don't use Facebook so people like me will simply not see any of the pictures hosted that way.

Host all your images on imgur or someplace else that is designed for pictures. Using Facebook is a horrible idea for several reasons including their terms of use involving who owns media uploaded there along with the fact that you can't see images unless you log. I personally don't use Facebook so people like me will simply not see any of the pictures hosted that way.

If his profile is set as public you will see them

Most of the pictures I post are done through my Facebook. It doesn't matter if it is set to private (only you) or friends etc. I suggested setting it to only you so if people on your feed see a part it's not like wt.... is that?

Just copy the url for the image itself and paste it into the forum as such.

Did he zip up and send any of this to any of you? I saw he said he would.

Too bad all the way around. Life gets in the way and some people grow up :P . He was on original.

I'm sure he has it all and it'll turn up.