Drag Racing

87TSiStock

So I went to the track last night and my best run was a 15.2 at 94mph (did not have any slicks) while my brother ran a 14.1 at 98mph im wondering if you guys could tell me what you think the best way to get to that 100mph and under 14 sec quarter mile.

I've done to my car.

-All emission delete

-Maf translator

-3in exhaust

-14lb on stock turbo

Whatever you guys can think of that'll give me the most bang for my buck let me know!

Thanks!

So I went to the track last night and my best run was a 15.2 at 94mph (did not have any slicks) while my brother ran a 14.1 at 98mph im wondering if you guys could tell me what you think the best way to get to that 100mph and under 14 sec quarter mile.

I've done to my car.

-All emission delete

-Maf translator

-3in exhaust

-14lb on stock turbo

Whatever you guys can think of that'll give me the most bang for my buck let me know!

Thanks!

Mpi, ebay t3 turbo, regular 225 50 tires, i ran 13.3 at 104 with 1.71 60 ft.

You don't need slicks, you need driver mod lol.

14.5 was best I got on a td05h 14g on 18psi on a maf translator

Edited by Skullzaflare

i dont have enough $$$$ right now to do mpi unfortunately

If you completely gut the interior, cut the braces out of the doors etc, put skinnies on front, shorter tire on rear, and add some nos, you might beat 14.0 on your setup

what about a t3 adapter plate and bigger turbo keeping stock manifold? i do plan to go mpi when i can afford it, I like the idea of nos though but at the same time i think thats a scary thing to get into... I shouldve clarified too he was racing me in his camaro not running my car my bad

I ran an 8.8 in the 1/8 mile at my local track. That was with a bad vacuum advance and old suspension. Basically a stock setup with hard pipes and 2.5" exhaust

O and a fidanza flywheel with spec 6 puck clutch and stiffer plate

Edited by Turbo Cary

ive seen guys post slips and they were in the 9s...mostly stock with the 12a turbo....you, with a 14b, maft, and 3" exhaust, I would expect mid 9s...

he is a 12a on 14psi not a 14b

i couldnt find the right rpm to leave on it would either shake and bounce or bog for a sec and then pick up and boost, and shifting at 5500

from your setup, shift at 4500-4700, your engine is choking on the stock turbo and you are just wasting rpm. Launch, i had success at 2800-3000 but i had far more power. i would say leave at 2000-2500 being stock

you can do a t3 adapter, but you will blow money trying to get sufficient fuel vs saving for MPI. you also have more chance of breaking pistons on tbi than MPI. Yes power has been made on TBi but carefully they worked their way up, and have all the stuff needed to protect the motor

what kind of price is needed to do mpi? i know it is not cheap thats why until i can get there to just crack the 100 mph with what i have

depends if you buy stuff used or new, and what specifically you get. you are looking in the 800-2500 dollar range depending what you want

you are not going to crack 100mph with a stock turbo

Get with the Austarion group people for a Magna intake if that's the one you want to use. I snagged one for the cost of shipping regular Conquest tail lights and factory stereo over there. Not a bad trade.

There are a few things guys over there want like fog lights, tail lights and some other misc stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

shake or bounce is probably bushings and or struts or wheel balancing.

stock turbo and the proper tune and a lot of boost could get you in to the 13's.

Green star ran a 13.x at 107mph on a stock turbo and a 2nd gen maf sensor.

shake or bounce is probably bushings and or struts or wheel balancing.

stock turbo and the proper tune and a lot of boost could get you in to the 13's.

Green star ran a 13.x at 107mph on a stock turbo and a 2nd gen maf sensor.

theres no way, not without nitrous, and/or massive gutting of the car.

though if he was going down hill, with a 50mph backwind, i suppose it would help