anyone here has a 86-88 s12 200sx ?!

prototype78

with a few dollars, old cars (like the S12) 'come alive' and will outperform most new cars.... for a fraction of the cost

one of our clubmembers swapped the sohc ca18Et for the dohc ca18DEt.

With only a evoIII 16g/header, 550s, SAFC, zx AFM, fmic, exhaust, clutch

Lights up 3rd gear at will. Few new cars can. Suspension, brakes... pick your poison

Local had a ca18det swapped 240, 3531 turbonetics turbo, professionally tuned (unlike 90% 240s) had 4k in the motor.

My tbi hx35 beat it. Was a crappy engine

sounds more like a crappy specimen. That puny lil 1.8L motor can be a tough monster

full weight 100% street s13, full body kit, custom paint, 18s, etc... 10.3 @ some ridiculous mph & lazy 1.7 60ft

lots of youtube videos of another street ca18 s13, 705 atw still on E85 + mild 260 Tomei hydraulic cams

both owners detailed their simple builds & diy tuned. Brains behiond the motor makes all the difference in the world

• 2 weeks later...
You can pour money into any car to make it fast, but when you include braking, handling, the full envelope you run into much more cost to stay even with modern performance cars. Depends on what you're comparing it to though. An S12 that lights up the tires in 3rd with a CA 1.8, the first question I'd ask is how old/skinny/cambered are those tires? My second question would be, how long do you think it'll last?

You can pour money into any car to make it fast, but when you include braking, handling, the full envelope you run into much more cost to stay even with modern performance cars. Depends on what you're comparing it to though

True, but also depends moreso on how wisely you spend your money. The final result won't only "keep up with" modern performance cars.... it can wax them. Fun part is, we can set it up to suit, at a cost way less than that modern machinery

An S12 that lights up the tires in 3rd with a CA 1.8, the first question I'd ask is how old/skinny/cambered are those tires? My second question would be, how long do you think it'll last?

Cambered? how/why do they do that ? s12 has a live axle iirc - lol

Most underestimate the capability of the little turd

Last I chatted with the owner of the 10.3 sec street car, he said it should touch nines once he replaces the 3.90 with a 3.69 from the Z. Winds out 3 gears in the quarter. Pretty amazing for a full street rwd 1.8L 5speed no spray street ride imo.

Boost cranked up, car dyno'd 679 atw. Ran less at the strip, plus no seat time..... so who knows

small tube header + t3/t4 + a good tune.... be it live mapping the nissan ecu or standalone, has taken street 240sx 11.9-11.7 using a bone stock unopened 20 year old ca18. (Should dust any TBI not spraying. Something's up with that 4k motor above.)

Folks have beat these CA18s for years @ 3,4,5,600 hp. Stock they have their quirks, but really no biggie to sort out.

You can find fully polished, chromed ca18 samples..... only when a motor impresses one reliably, it can suck you in like that