moto cams hood shocks strut kit

chrisbrasher25

My advice about your poor service was true.

I purchased two items from you that where advertised as mint condition and arrived in far less condition than mint. When I tried to contact you ignored me . You said those pictures of "mint" parts where "stock photos" LOL

Rip You OFF ?? LMAO

After finally getting a decent ( yet sill not mint in any way) gauge hood I updated the feedback thread and dropped the issue.

For one thing your a liar about any agreement to send back the gauge hood. But I would be happy to if i actually ever received a "mint"

See...you are the problem...you promised a mint part and sent a poor condition one...then after messing me around for weeks I finally get another part that was still not mint. Yet you say you should receive one back? HAHA

Lets not even talk about the "crack free" radio surround" that arrived with a totally obvious crack and a pile of glue on the back.

My comment is not inflammatory. It is a fact based response about how you are about service. I know I am not the only one to have this experience.

Try to act like I am adding flames to the fire yet you bring up this. After lying about our deal to boot.

You have a pretty selective memory dude. Ask yourself why would I send you 2 gauge hoods and cover shipping both times ($15ea) and accept the paypal fees for the transaction all for the whopping price of $50, without at least expecting to get the part back that you deemed unworthy? You think I really earned $13 total on that transaction.... Are you kidding me?

I have found the best policy for me is to totally ignore you and so I will continue

It takes 2 to have the argument, homie. I do hear what you are saying though man....and have heard similar from others also. No need to keep the drama going is the main thing for me.

BC_99

That's nice that you have heard similar from others too..... cool.... I've heard lots of stuff about lots of you guys too... FTW

I know that all the members think I owe them something for their business. It's real simple - if the quality of the new or used parts don't meet their needs, or the service doesn't meet their needs, then please go elsewhere. This is strictly a hobby, and becoming less fulfilling by the minute

I'm with BC_99. A little less BS would be appreciated. Let's grow up and use this site the way it was intended.

I have posted some of the possible solutions to the '83 hood fitment epidemic on my vendor listing

i have a 1983 oem hood on a 1989 chrysler conquest tsi,i have placed a set of hood struts made of high quality made just for our cars and did exactly what the instructions said,i even let the seller know before hand of my situation,after installing i have a slight bow on both sides and up in front alittle,i think i have came up with a solution to this minor cosmetic look,but before i start drilling holes and plugging holes,welding and sanding.................... i thought i would see if other folks had the same issue? and if so how did you correct the issue without banging with a hammer,i have a nice quest and would like to come up with a solution to this issue and keep it looking as stock as possible............. i am open for ideas and willing to even trade for the information,i have a great set of turbo door handles and to the right person who has the best information,i would love to send them to ya for your time and concerns for my matter at hand thanks chris brasher who thinks you all are coooooooool.............................................

Why bother trading for the info..... I linked most of it for free on my vendor listing.

I will also create some nice member feedback for you for free that documents the lovely feedback you left me on Ebay after receiving the part you paid for, extremely fast, and then threatening to leave negative feedback on SQC and call the Better Business Bureau if I didn't come up with a red painted air diversion panel asap before your PF trip.....fyi we have never made that part ever so your threats and demands are beyond ridiculous. Other vendors need to know about this experience and why I reserve the right to refuse service to you

That's nice that you have heard similar from others too..... cool.... I've heard lots of stuff about lots of you guys too... FTW

I know that all the members think I owe them something for their business. It's real simple - if the quality of the new or used parts don't meet their needs, or the service doesn't meet their needs, then please go elsewhere. This is strictly a hobby, and becoming less fulfilling by the minute

Tim,

Seriously man, take a step back. We've had plenty of good transactions between us, but the truth is that I have heard of a few people that weren't happy with the "customer service" side of their deals with you. It is what it is man. As vendors, we aren't going to be able to please everyone, but dragging this on isn't going to help your business or this community. You guys need to just accept that you don't agree and leave your differences elsewhere. You haven't found a solution to this by now, so you probably won't ever. No need for you guys to keep rehashing it over and over.

BC_99

Tim,

Seriously man, take a step back. We've had plenty of good transactions between us, but the truth is that I have heard of a few people that weren't happy with the "customer service" side of their deals with you. It is what it is man. As vendors, we aren't going to be able to please everyone, but dragging this on isn't going to help your business or this community. You guys need to just accept that you don't agree and leave your differences elsewhere. You haven't found a solution to this by now, so you probably won't ever. No need for you guys to keep rehashing it over and over.

BC_99

BC_99 you are a great vendor and customer and have always done me right. I also appreciate you putting on the referee jersey and trying to clean up this thread. However, making some elusive comment about some "other" members having some sort of issue with my customer service over who knows what, and when it happened, and all the other ambiguity has no basis in this thread. So I have to take it as a comment to coax me into posting up information that you want. Seriously, what is the relevance to some hear-say that you may or may not have heard in regards to this particular issue at hand?

I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree with JohnnyWadd... I dropped it along time ago, as it's a trivial sum of money. However, you can see in plenty of my posts in various places on this forum that Johnny is a heckler and tries to make comments to get me going that have little relevance to initial posting....so I ignore him. He's done it on my LED Tail Lights, Battery Hold down brackets, etc, etc.........so ignoring his antics is the best policy going forward

Well If that is the case, could I get a refund please? I will send the part back as well.

And we can move on from this sour deal?

And I will happily continue to promote your items and maybe buy some too.

Tell me if you think that is fair please.

I believe it is.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind refunding the $14 after getting the parts back

I mean, that's how ebay works, you don't get refunded for shipping costs, as seller doesn't get those

Looks like a simple thing to try.

thanks for posting this.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137504&st=20#entry1501817

After 4yrs of mfg this kit with stellar results, it seems that members are now reporting fitment issues with the '83 hood because of the side vents. Here are a couple of mods that will help alleviate the problem, but may not entirely fix the issue due to hole and hood bracket mounting placement during initial install. Further, the hood bracket design has evolved through 4 iterations in 4 years, which drives hole placement location differences. These mods will help get the hood flush with the fender, but may not entirely resolve the issue:

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Hood%20Struts/83%20vent%20bolts_zpsyitup82n.jpg

Remove the factory '83 stud and nut from the side vents and replace with an M6x5mm pan head bolt

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Hood%20Struts/83%20Hood%20before_zpscprqqiul.jpg

The heat shield can get in the way (see the yellow interference dye on the strut and heat shield).

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Hood%20Struts/83%20Hood%20after_zpsw5qw4w3i.jpg

Note the orientation of the heat shield retainer clip. In the orientation shown above, it does not make contact with the strut body.

I am working with another good SQC member to try a few other minor refinements to resolve this "flush hood fit" issue so stay tuned.....

• Like 1

I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree with JohnnyWadd... I dropped it along time ago, as it's a trivial sum of money. However, you can see in plenty of my posts in various places on this forum that Johnny is a heckler and tries to make comments to get me going that have little relevance to initial posting....so I ignore him. He's done it on my LED Tail Lights, Battery Hold down brackets, etc, etc.........so ignoring his antics is the best policy going forward

Amen.

Stop bashing our vendors and calling names . You know who you are.

Not sure why certain people can away with the drama bs they do around here.