moto cams hood shocks strut kit

chrisbrasher25

I just spent the morning painstakingly locating the hole perfectly to install a set of hood struts (I didn't see any mention of the fact that 8" puts the hole exactly on a body seam, so it's edge first has to be ground down to avoid affecting the drilling of the hole, which is still difficult due to clearance between the drill and inner fender well needed to keep the hole centered vertically) only to discover what everyone else on this thread found: they can't be used with an '83 hood! I took modeling clay and discovered that the problem is that the front strut pivot hits the side vent's front fastener, and depression in the hood the vent sits in. This area can't be drilled out and likely wouldn't give much clearance or address the fastener problem. The front stud on the side vent might be shortened and a speed nut used to hold the front of the vent insert in place, but there wouldn't be any room left if it did. And I'm not for cobbling.

I looked at moving the pivot forward an inch or so, but the shaft from the strut would still occupy this area, which must be pretty tight with the hood closed. I'm bummed and in no mood for this! These had been available for some time before I bought mine, and I hadn't seen anything but praise for them. And they do work nice; just can't close the hood! I thought most remaining StarQuest owners had '83 hoods, but either many don't, or they just slammed the hood when finished, and called it good.

BTW: I tried to go to Tim's (MotoCam360's) web page, to see if this issue was addressed, but it's been down for awhile. If I don't see a response here, I'll call him. I'd hope he posts this on his ebay ad or elsewhere they are sold, if a workable arrangement cannot be found for this configuration. Too bad as it was a nice addition/package. -Tom

when you start feeling ill...... it's because my VOODOO doll i made of you is working.....i will not elaborate anymore,your trying to get me kicked out of here and i am not going to allow you to bring me down to your level bud......................THIS IS GOOD STUFF HERE TO HELP AID OTHER STARQUEST FOLKS....................i apologise if i sound rude in any kinda way....................

Dude, knock it the hell off already.

Seriously y'all are just gonna bash a vendor who still makes stuff for our cars? Who cares what you think? You don't like someone's product or the way they do business just don't do business with them.

If I go to a restaurant and the food was good but the service was crap I won't go back. But on the other hand if the service was good and the food was crap I'd give it a second try.

People on this post have tried to offer solutions and suggestions. You instead however want to bash someone, write in ridiculous oversized font taking trash, and pretty much ignore people who have tried to help you.

This is why we can't have nice things. Some jackass comes around, talks a bunch of crap and runs a vendor off. Then three months later is complaining because no one makes stuff for our cars.

You obviously aren't mature enough to handle a situation like this and probably aren't mature enough to properly own and take care of a Conquest.

I just spent the morning painstakingly locating the hole perfectly to install a set of hood struts (I didn't see any mention of the fact that 8" puts the hole exactly on a body seam, so it's edge first has to be ground down to avoid affecting the drilling of the hole, which is still difficult due to clearance between the drill and inner fender well needed to keep the hole centered vertically) only to discover what everyone else on this thread found: they can't be used with an '83 hood! I took modeling clay and discovered that the problem is that the front strut pivot hits the side vent's front fastener, and depression in the hood the vent sits in. This area can't be drilled out and likely wouldn't give much clearance or address the fastener problem. The front stud on the side vent might be shortened and a speed nut used to hold the front of the vent insert in place, but there wouldn't be any room left if it did. And I'm not for cobbling.

I looked at moving the pivot forward an inch or so, but the shaft from the strut would still occupy this area, which must be pretty tight with the hood closed. I'm bummed and in no mood for this! These had been available for some time before I bought mine, and I hadn't seen anything but praise for them. And they do work nice; just can't close the hood! I thought most remaining StarQuest owners had '83 hoods, but either many don't, or they just slammed the hood when finished, and called it good.

BTW: I tried to go to Tim's (MotoCam360's) web page, to see if this issue was addressed, but it's been down for awhile. If I don't see a response here, I'll call him. I'd hope he posts this on his ebay ad or elsewhere they are sold, if a workable arrangement cannot be found for this configuration. Too bad as it was a nice addition/package. -Tom

We figured out a solution for this a long time ago bud... pm me and I'll be glad to hook you up for the '83 hood

This is why I don't buy motocam stuff anymore. Really nice stuff do not get me wrong. Very poor service though.

Better updates and better response to customers would serve your business well.

To date, you have not purchased one new product from us buddy, so your comment is completely inflammatory, which is probably why you've been banned several times from SQC over the years for similar behavior.

You did however rip me off by getting 2 stock gauge hoods for the price of one.... what's the matter, did you forget that you were supposed to send one of them back (the lesser condition of the 2). I moved on from this and let it slide, but I think it's time to bring it back up since you want to add gasoline to the fire

To date, you have not purchased one new product from us buddy, so your comment is completely inflammatory, which is probably why you've been banned several times from SQC over the years for similar behavior.

You did however rip me off by getting 2 stock gauge hoods for the price of one.... what's the matter, did you forget that you were supposed to send one of them back (the lesser condition of the 2). I moved on from this and let it slide, but I think it's time to bring it back up since you want to add gasoline to the fire

My advice about your poor service was true.

I purchased two items from you that where advertised as mint condition and arrived in far less condition than mint. When I tried to contact you ignored me . You said those pictures of "mint" parts where "stock photos" LOL

Rip You OFF ?? LMAO

After finally getting a decent ( yet sill not mint in any way) gauge hood I updated the feedback thread and dropped the issue.

For one thing your a liar about any agreement to send back the gauge hood. But I would be happy to if i actually ever received a "mint"

See...you are the problem...you promised a mint part and sent a poor condition one...then after messing me around for weeks I finally get another part that was still not mint. Yet you say you should receive one back? HAHA

Lets not even talk about the "crack free" radio surround" that arrived with a totally obvious crack and a pile of glue on the back.

My comment is not inflammatory. It is a fact based response about how you are about service. I know I am not the only one to have this experience.

Try to act like I am adding flames to the fire yet you bring up this. After lying about our deal to boot.

Edited by JohnnyWadd

We figured out a solution for this a long time ago bud... pm me and I'll be glad to hook you up for the '83 hood

Please just post the information, or links to the info, concerning fixing any fitment issues with your products and 83 hoods.

There are plenty of your intended customers who need this information.

The rest of this crap needs to go to PMs. You all need to put on your big boy pants and knock it off.

BC_99

Why does this need to be taken to p.m.'s ?

Really a valid question more aimed at motocam but also at bc_99.

If there is a fix for the issue post up a little how to with pics for all your buyers mang!!

@ motocam, dude I said your stuff was nice and made a simple point about your customer service sucking tail. Sorry but it's true. This thread proves it....

1) You come off all defensive

2) It's some how the buyers fault never yours

3) You tell people to pm you instead of just sharing the info

Just because a ton of people bought your stuff on ebay , they may have not installed it yet. Very common in this group.

I just feel like you should focus on a solution instead of blaming your customers. No Offense.

JW, I asked him to post the info also. That point is valid and had been reiterated a few times.

But the pissing matches and "he said, she said" stuff needs to go away. Settle your issues with each other and your previous transactions, via PMs with a moderator included in the conversations to be y'alls referee. If you have some feedback concerning a previous transaction that you think other members might benefit from, we have a forum for that.

The statement is meant for all of the guys that have issues with this vendor AND the vendor alike.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99
  • Like 1

JW, I asked him to post the info also. That point is valid and had been reiterated a few times.

But the pissing matches and "he said, she said" stuff needs to go away. Settle your issues with each other and your previous transactions, via PMs with a moderator included in the conversations to be y'alls referee. If you have some feedback concerning a previous transaction that you think other members might benefit from, we have a forum for that.

The statement is meant for all of the guys that have issues with this vendor AND the vendor alike.

BC_99

Well to be fair all I did was to make the comment about his service. Honestly I have heard the same thing from many other people, so it is not like I am starting anything new. I am just ballzy enough to say it public here in the thread instead of going to other clubs and talking smack like I have seen from others.

Moto chose to come back and try to make it about our other deal , where he could have simply addressed the real service issue.

If he wants to be like that about it , then I will come back at him , or I will just stop checking the thread.

I have no reason to p.m. him, as he has already made it clear he has no desire to make our deal right. Hence my comment about his poor service.

Well to be fair all I did was to make the comment about his service. Honestly I have heard the same thing from many other people, so it is not like I am starting anything new. I am just ballzy enough to say it public here in the thread instead of going to other clubs and talking smack like I have seen from others.

Moto chose to come back and try to make it about our other deal , where he could have simply addressed the real service issue.

If he wants to be like that about it , then I will come back at him , or I will just stop checking the thread.

I have no reason to p.m. him, as he has already made it clear he has no desire to make our deal right. Hence my comment about his poor service.

It takes 2 to have the argument, homie. I do hear what you are saying though man....and have heard similar from others also. No need to keep the drama going is the main thing for me.

BC_99

i have a 1983 oem hood on a 1989 chrysler conquest tsi,i have placed a set of hood struts made of high quality made just for our cars and did exactly what the instructions said,i even let the seller know before hand of my situation,after installing i have a slight bow on both sides and up in front alittle,i think i have came up with a solution to this minor cosmetic look,but before i start drilling holes and plugging holes,welding and sanding.................... i thought i would see if other folks had the same issue? and if so how did you correct the issue without banging with a hammer,i have a nice quest and would like to come up with a solution to this issue and keep it looking as stock as possible............. i am open for ideas and willing to even trade for the information,i have a great set of turbo door handles and to the right person who has the best information,i would love to send them to ya for your time and concerns for my matter at hand thanks chris brasher who thinks you all are coooooooool.............................................
  • Like 1